Bluetooth & Nokia 6600 problem, please help.

Last response: in Technologies
August 26, 2004 5:22:16 PM

I have a Nokia 6600 mobile phone and a Belkin F8T001 ver 2 Bluetooth
adapter, and I have a few annoying problems that I hope you can help me
with.

When I want to connect my PC (via Bluetooth adapter) to my Nokia 6600 mobile
phone, I turn on Bluetooth on my phone, then I right click on the Bluetooth
DESKTOP icon on my task bar down at the bottom right of the screen near the
clock and I click 'Start the device'.
I then right click on the Bluetooth DESKTOP icon again, but this time I
select 'Quick Connect' then 'Bluetooth Serial port'. On the menu that
appears there are two items. The first item says '<No Name>' the second
underneath it says 'Other Devices....' I click on 'Other Devices....'and a
dialog box appears. In the dialog box it lists my phone as 'Nokia 6600'
which is correct.
I only have one mobile phone connected so I would have thought it would be
listed on the menu rather than having to go to 'Other Devices....'

My first question is, on the menu that appeared with two items, why is
'Nokia 6600' not listed instead of '<No Name>'?

I click on the 'Nokia 6600' and then click 'Connect' at the bottom of the
dialog box. A box comes up saying 'Connecting Bluetooth serial port on Nokia
6600'. I then get a Dialog box saying 'Error creating Bluetooth serial port
connection with device Nokia 6600', I click ok and there is a dialog box
that says 'The Bluetooth serial port COM0 is now configured to connect to
the device to Nokia 6600. The application that will use this connection must
be configured to use COM0.' I click ok. Then down in the task bar, a
message appears in a bubble pointing to the Bluetooth DESKTOP icon that
basically says click in bubble to accept connection or ignore to decline.

My second question is, why do I get the error message 'Error creating
Bluetooth serial port connection with device Nokia 6600' when it still
continues to connect successfully anyway?

Has anyone else experienced the problems I've mentioned?

Any idea how I solve them?

I appreciate any help or information given.

Thanks!
August 27, 2004 9:45:49 PM

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:22:16 +0100, "Neil Hindry"
<n_nospam_hindry@_nospam_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Any idea how I solve them?
>
>I appreciate any help or information given.
>
>Thanks!

Have you paired the 2 devices and set the comp and phone to allow
connection without asking permission ?
--

E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
September 15, 2004 4:06:34 PM

Also you usually get the error message can't connect because the 6600 will
not accept the PC initiating the connection, when the PC has tried and is
rejected, the 6600 then creates a connection from its side and therefore you
get a connection.

Alan

!