Do I need to upgrade my 965 BE CPU?

soggy_oggy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I am getting more FPS when I play Battlefield 3 with 1 video card enabled than when I have 2. I over clocked my CPU to 4.01 GHZ and I still get lower FPS with SLI enabled, I was hearing that Battlefield 3 was having some issues with nvidia drivers but I am unsure if that is what's causing it. I am debating upgrading to the new Bulldozer CPU in a few weeks since it seems that the 965 Black Edition is showing its age (never thought I'd say that so soon).

Here are my specs:
CPU: 965 Black Edition (3.4GHZ stock, overclocked to 4.01GHZ)
GPU: EVGA GTX 560 TI in SLI
Motherboard: Sabertooth 990FX
Ram: G2 Series 2x4gigs
Power Supply: 1000w Antec

the problem is your SLI is not working properly, it should be quite obvious since enabling it gives reduced performance. BF3 is more gpu intensive than cpu. AMD Bulldozer cpu's suck for gaming (and pretty much most applications) incase you didn't bother to read any reviews. the 965 is not showing its age, the phenom II's are better than the new fx cpu's. You need to play around with drivers, reinstall/uninstall, reinstall the game, update your motherboard bios etc, etc. Its a driver/bios/software issue. Go read up on SLI and make sure everything is set up properly.