Sign in with
Your question

Radeon Cards that will run smooth in the 2K Sports Games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 30, 2011 8:25:40 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the community and really pretty new with the newer PC games. I've always played the EA Sports games, but other than that I haven't been very current, especially with the hardware. A good example is, in my Xeon 2.4 GHz processor with 3 gbs of RAM, I have an Ati Radeon 9600 Pro 128 mb graphics card. The weird thing to me is that the 9600 doesn't support shader 3.0, but I could run NBA 2K10 with the settings set pretty far down. I purchased MLB 2K9 from Amazon. When I got it I installed it and tried to play it and the screen would just come up black.... An obvious shader support problem. So I was looking for a new Graphics Card. So a couple days ago I ordered a Visiontek 2400 HD Pro. This thing was a worthless piece of ***. It gave me 4 blue screens, 6 error messages and couldn't even run MVP Baseball 2003. So that thing has already been shipped back to Tiger Direct. Now I'm looking for a good Graphics Card. My budget is $35 (ebay). What do you guys think of the x1300 and x1650? I don't really care about all the bells and whistles on the HD cards. I just want a good gamer card that will run the 2K Sports games!

Thanks,
Brian
a c 173 U Graphics card
July 30, 2011 8:27:50 PM

2600pro or higher for a agp rig will manage.
m
l
July 30, 2011 8:27:58 PM

BTW- I am limited to PCI and AGP 8x Graphics Cards
m
l
Related resources
a c 173 U Graphics card
July 30, 2011 8:39:53 PM

There are agp versions of the cards that I have suggested. In fact I got another cheap agp card today along with other things. You need a 2600 pro agp minimum if you are gaming but a 3850/70 agp or 4650 agp is the best for the job. If p4 that is below 3ghz or only have 1gb of ram then you will find gaming to be rather difficult.
m
l
July 30, 2011 8:48:02 PM

nforce4max said:
There are agp versions of the cards that I have suggested. In fact I got another cheap agp card today along with other things. You need a 2600 pro agp minimum if you are gaming but a 3850/70 agp or 4650 agp is the best for the job. If p4 that is below 3ghz or only have 1gb of ram then you will find gaming to be rather difficult.

I was just listing the PCI and AGP Information for others who wanted to answer to know. The Xeon is a Dual Processing System.... its not a p4. and i listed i have 3 gigs of RAM.
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
August 11, 2011 6:00:15 PM

From what I have seen over the years netbust era xeon servers and workstations usually didn't have agp unless agp pro. If your rig has a agp slot the card that I have suggested or better will work but when it comes to pci your options are very limited.
m
l
!