New PSU and Video Card, CPU over-working and heating

kthornton264

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hello,

Hello,

I just installed a new PSU and a new video card, and after I installed them I noticed the CPU was a bit warm(63 C) and was spending a lot of effort trying to play SWTOR on maximum settings(55 % load). I was just wondering if anyone had thought on whether this is standard or if there's something off with the installation.

Specs:

MB: Biostar h67mu3
CPU: Sandybridge i5 2500
VC: NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 Power Supply - 750 Watts, ATX, 140mm Fan, 80 Plus Bronze

Are you using the stock CPU cooler that was provided by Intel or an after-market CPU cooler?

Is the CPU cooler properly mounted?

Do you have sufficient airflow through the case?

kthornton264

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011

Stock cooler, its mounted properly (or at least the same as before I installed a new PSU), and the airflow might not be as good because there is a ton of new cords with the new PSU that my old one didn't have. But would this contribute to the PSU over-working on SWTOR?

No, try to do some cable management and hide some of the cables. It is constricting airflow, thats why your parts are very hot. Also you might want to invest in an aftermarket cooler as the stock one does not do a very good job.