333 MHz RAM Bottleneck Fix

thecomputermonkey

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hey guys!

I am running an ancient and slow Dell Inspiron 600m, with a 1.7 GHz Pentium M 735, 1 GB of single-channel PC2700 DDR RAM at 333 MHz, and ridiculously slow ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 with 32 MB VRAM (GPU overclocked to 230 MHz). I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

I am a power user that is running his PC 24/7 and so need quite a bit of power. This ain't possible with this stone tablet... :kaola:

The computer works fine, most of the time, but frequently, it pages data to Virtual RAM (Only 1 Gig of physical!). This causes an IMMENSE slowdown and it pretty much renders my laptop unusable! I know it is the RAM as the computer is slow anyways and the hard disk is fine at reading/writing...

What should I do?? I am only 12 and have no budget...

I have planned out a complete replacement PC, but need to convince my father..

*EDIT: I just realized that it is actually running at 233 MHz!!! :fou:

mubin

Distinguished
You have to work carefully to avoids slowdown. Like using 1/2 browser tab at a time. Dont run too much program in background. Also disable startup program for faster performance.

But if you can manage another 1gb ram, then you can work fine. Search some in ebay.

thecomputermonkey

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

I have tried all of those! Are there any other methods or even programs to help me out? I am thinking of pin-modding my CPU...

mubin

Distinguished
What os are you using? Re-installing os will faster your pc. Why not use another ram?

Dont take risk with your laptop for overclocking. If i were you, i will stay away from it. It may damage your pc if you have no experience of opening laptop. But here is a basic guide for pin-modding.
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3226&article=pin+mod

But overclocking will not solve your problem, more ram will.

thecomputermonkey

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate...I have experience with computers, so no worries.
Thanks, though.