CPU: i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Overclocked V2
Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard B3
RAM: G.Skill DDR3-1600 8GB Dual Channel [RipjawsX] F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
PSU: Seasonic S12D 850W Power Supply
Case: Antec Dark Fleet DF-85
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 60GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATAIII

There are the specs for the rig I built today. When I hit the power button all the fans spin up and it all gets going and then ten or so seconds later it powers off and restarts. I get no display and USB devices don't power on. Every time I hit the reset or power buttons, the CPU light goes on and off (is this supposed to happen?)

Also I can't find the cable for the internal speaker inside my case to plug into my mobo.

Any help would be appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about help newly built system
  1. Well the usual problem is that the CPU power cable is not attached.

But check this thread: Figuring out no video / boot problems.

It should list the whole bunch of usual suspects.
  2. rvilkman said:
    Well the usual problem is that the CPU power cable is not attached.

But check this thread: Figuring out no video / boot problems.

It should list the whole bunch of usual suspects.

The ATX power, 12V CPU plug and both PCIe connectors for the GPU are all plugged in. When booting I also try the SandyBridge graphics output and still get nada.
  3. Okay, so something is preventing my system from booting up. I have no internal speaker to figure out what. I'm checking for shorts on the mobo and I doubt that it's the RAM cause the ASUS MEMOK! light comes on.

Any other suggestions?
  4. If you followed the whole thread which rvilkman posted then you must have faulty hardware.
  5. ervinelim said:
    If you followed the whole thread which rvilkman posted then you must have faulty hardware.

Great. I suppose the mobo is the most likely culprit?
  6. Mobo or CPU.

Everything else I believe gets taken out of the equation pretty much when you do the steps in the thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Power Systems