The new badges

randomizer

Champion
I just found that I received a whole bunch of PMs for new "badges" because I've been here for at least 3 years. Some of the badges don't quite make sense to me though.

Attache: "Requires that you contribute a call for comments. "
Teacher: "Requires that you contribute significantly to at least 1 tutorial. "

What the heck do those mean?

Also the Uniformed badge sounds like it should be Uninformed and in the individual public profile pages it says "x Badges or" where it should say "x Badges Gold".

I received the three PMs too regarding the Forum merit badges. I'm more confused than Randomizer and I'm a Gold Admiral. Whatever that means. Click on my profile and bow to your knees when in my presence.

Yes, I got the three pm's.

We were told this was coming and I kinda see what they are trying to do but really it is only of use if you will to new members.

I don't post that much nowadays because alot of topics I skim over or only read with feeling a need to add a useless post.

Indeed in some sections if I see a question asked and see the last poster and know who they are I won't post or maybe not even read as I know they will have most likely answered correctly.

Oh and the defiant and it's cloaking ability is mine, looking through bedroom windows will never have been so easy.

No one ever guns for Voyager. I know it's a newer ship, and a smaller one, but the bridge is unquestionably the most BA set ever.

I don't quite understand some of the badges, either, and, to my understanding, I should have a lot more than I've got now. I mean, I need as many badges as possible to show how awesome I am, right?

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
The great "Drama Rift" didn't happen until June, 2007 - and the forum software didn't start changing until after that. So, I'd put the membership date loss at 1.5 - 2 years ago.

r_manic

Administrator
Hey guys,

The gold badge rewarded accounts 3 years or older, the silver for 2 years, and the bronze 1. For now the badges are in the test phase, and yeah I'm honestly scratching my head over the current implementation:

■Golds or(e)?
■"Admiral"? "Captain"?
■How 'bout "X Gold Badge(s)" instead of "Gold X badges"?
■I'm warning them convents about you, strangestranger the "spy"! :sweat:

Anyways, why should we care about these badges? Good question. They're there for rewarding quality participation, with the name ranking rewarding quantity participation. The point is, to quote the man:

■"allow experts to be recognized in their expertise areas"
■"allow visitors to see that we have forums with expert users"
■"invite new users to [use the] forum features..."

In the meantime, feel free to snark me with some suggestions. (And yes, I'm a BoM employee, so I'll pass them along). In any case, I plan to ask that:

■They drop the whole military rank thing, and just list how each badge was achieved when the See More link is clicked
■You respect my shotgun on Bismarck AND Yamato

TRENDING THREADS