New second PC

Hi all,

The system that was proposed to me here i working perfectly.
Now I'm considering building one for my son.
The one I have now, at least the main parts can be found in this thread:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=13&post=311142&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0#t2313260

I'm looking to build one from an older PC case and I'm mainly wondering if these parts are still good or if I can get something better now for the same price? IIRC I payed about 650€ for mobo/ CPU/ memory/ GFX card

BTW gaming is the main purpose ;)

Regards,

Dirk
6 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. To make it easier I'm looking if I can/ need to improve on the following parts.
    I bought these end of may.

P67A UD3 B3 rev3
    i5 2500k
    ripjaws CL8 1866 4GB
    and a 6850 gfx card
  2. thats still a very solid build today.
  3. thqnk you very much. I'm gonna try and find some prices and maybe see if some items got cheaper over the last few months. Then I can perhaps get a better GPU :)
    I guess the german site should be one of the cheaper for europe/ Belgium region.

Looks like mindfactory one has this one GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 P67 the P67A UD3 B3 rev3 isn't available anymore :( is this one still ok or should I find the other one? Or is there perhaps a better one?
  4. The GPU you posted is pretty good. No need to buy a new one. I'd buy another stick of 4gb ram if you really want to buy something.
  5. I thought that I'd let everybody know what I actually got.
    Least I could do for the great help I got here.

G.Skill PC3-17000 Arbeitsspeicher 4GB (2133 MHz, 240-polig) DDR3-RAM Kit
    Asus EAH6950 DCII 2DI4S 2GD5 Grafikkarte (PCI-e, 2GB, GDDR5 Speicher, 2x DVI, 4x Display Port)

(wanted the 6970 but the wife didn't agree on the pricing lol)

Intel Quad Core Prozessor (Intel Core i5-2500K, 3,3GHz, 6MB Cache, 1155 Sockel)

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3-B3 - Z68X-UD3 (B3) Motherboard Intel Core Socket 1155 Intel Z68 Express SATA RAID Firewire ATX Gigabit LAN

I'd like to thank everybody for sharing their experiences with me.

Kind regards,

Dirk
  6. The Gigabyte board is an excellent choice, I have the same board and it works perfectly fine for me.

If you can try to get a good inexpensive CPU cooler like the Cooler Master Hyper 212.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems