Conscriptx

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
I'v never built a PC before but i have been with out my own for about a year so its time for me to get one. As you can see i don't have much of a budget for buigling one right now. So any help or advice would be awesome. I saw from another post that i should use give the info below up its enough thanks.

Approximate Purchase Date: Oct 21/Before blizzcon

Budget Range: 400-500

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Playing starcraft at best quilty that can be affored and if possible Diablo 3

Parts Not Required: Monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I have no preferred site

Country of Origin: Vancouver Canada

Parts Preferences: Nothing Prefered either

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution:1024x768

Thanks again

neograndizer

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
hmm... pretty difficult to build, maybe better getting a prebuilt for now and upgrade later? Are you flexible with going a little over the budget? Or is this all you can work with?

How cheap can you get the OS? I know teachers can get the OS cheaper than OEM retail. Otherwise it's already $100. Then add another $20 for a good mouse/keyboard combination. Another $20 for a refurb or cheap speakers. That's all before taxes.

That leaves around $260-360 for the build. I know the 2nd generation Intels are definitely out of the equation with this budget. And I have no experience with AMD parts.

Conscriptx

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
I would have to change some things around seeing as all this is on the American newegg and as said above i live in Canada.

Newegg.ca

Does not have a combo deal for OS and case and would take the budget up to around $550 adding

Case
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811166038

OS
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

I'm not even sure if any one things that case would work well ?
Also i just wanna say sorry i know its a tight budget and being Canadian isn't helping the matter

neograndizer

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

I know the feeling. I'm a Canuck as well.

What you could do is go via NCIX.ca and have them price match everything you find cheaper and still get it in one place. That's what I did when doing my brother's build. But don't get anything from NCIX until you can absolutely confirm that what they have is the cheapest cost. They gouge you with their pricing if you're not careful.

Generally, the cheapest costs you can find is at www.directcanada.com
Followed by www.canadacomputers.com
Then you can always double check with newegg.ca

Generally find the cheapest cost of the item you can get, then price match it. Hopefully, that will help.

Conscriptx

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011

Thanks for that I'm checking it all out. Thanks again and still looking if any one has more build advice I'm still all ears