Is a 4 core system useful to a non gamer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pack4u2

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I am a non gamer, I want to build a new computer that will be able to run fast on Windows 7 64 bit operating system. Is it worth my money to buy the AMD FD 4100 and Asus M5A97? I would also like to OC the System.

Solution
yes it would be nice to have a quadcore even for a non gamer.

the price difference nowadays is very little and an amd quad core is actually the lower end of the cpu list.

I would suggest not the FX 4100 but instead getting a 965 or 955 if you can or a 960t as they are better cpus at lower prices tho the fx will oc better if you are wanting to do that.
yes it would be nice to have a quadcore even for a non gamer.

the price difference nowadays is very little and an amd quad core is actually the lower end of the cpu list.

I would suggest not the FX 4100 but instead getting a 965 or 955 if you can or a 960t as they are better cpus at lower prices tho the fx will oc better if you are wanting to do that.

Solution

xaira

Distinguished
if you really want a quad, and dont really ahve use for it, you can check out the athlon II x4 series, the prices are great right now,

but since you are not a gamer im guessing you will not be getting a gpu, so you might want to check out the amd fm1 quads, great for anything non gaming related

Status
Not open for further replies.