NO USB PORTS!

junaid96

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Help!

I built a PC last year, with a Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3

The case I'm using is a Cm Enforcer, which has two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports on the header (the mobo then provides a load more on the back).

I've noticed that the USB ports seem to be dying away. About 90% don't work - I plug in my controller, it lights up for a split second, then stops. I have to try about 5 different ports to get my flash drive or mouse to work.. it's absolute hell.

It's just random, too: I had my mouse plugged in to one of the ports, working fine. I unplugged the mouse, put it back in, and now the port isn't working?!

I'm running Server 08 R2, and the USB 3.0 ports are run by Etron drivers (I think).

Any advice? It took me about an hour to get my wireless USB adapter to work in one of the slots.. then I unplugged it without thinking and I had to start all over again.

check to see if there any bios updates for usb devices for the mb. i would then download the newest usb drivers for the mb. reboot and check in the bios that the ports are set right then go into windows safe mode and remove the older drivers and install the newest ones.