CD_IN connector

Densun

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I could use some information on the wire that connects the CD/DVD drive to the sound card so it can play audio tracks. I used to have one, but upgrading to a Sound Blaster Live! made it useless because the connecting end was not the right size. I need to know what these are called and what types there are so I can by one.

---
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/1189" target="_new">Byte Size Games</A>

G

The fix for this problem is a little scary but you can pull off the plastic piece on your sound card and bend the wire leads so that they will fit. There are a few different sizes of the cable ends. I believe that the cable is called a SPDIF cable. Your new soundcard should have come with a cable also. Sorry so vauge, it is the best I can do.

Take your <b>PILL</b>,and get some sleep.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Doh! Don't do what the last guy said-the wires are not even in the same order! Just get the proper cable, called a JST to MPC2 cable, AKA SoundBlaster cable or Soundblaster to CD-ROM cable or Black to White CD-Audio cable! They cost between $1 and $2 at about 10,000 online stores and most local computer stores!

G

sorry, we were talking about two different things. The Audio out of my ATI All-In-Wonder is a different size connector than the one on my Creative Labs Platinum. I did pull the piece of plastic off and bend the leads and am having no problems at all. Also, shouldn't the sound card have come with the correct cable?\

pill128

Take your <b>PILL</b>,and get some sleep.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Thier are only 2 standards right now, JCT and MPC2 Both have 4 pins, but JCT is RGLG and MPC2 is RGGL. JCT is usually a small whit connector, while MPC2 is larger and usually black. The other standards have mostly died out, but CompGeeks sells universal cables that have several different kinds of ends (including the older standards) for $1.50 if you need. Hardly anyone gives away a cable with their card, they probably figure you already had the right one.

Densun

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The reason my sound card didn't come with a connector is because it was the Value version, and was bought online. I went out and bought one of those universal connectors.

---
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/1189" target="_new">Byte Size Games</A>