Best Bluetooth Mobile

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Hi,

I am looking to buy the best all round Bluetooth mobile that is
available. I have had nothing but problems with my 6310i and I just
want a phone which works. I don't care about a camera, etc. It just
needs to have working Bluetooth and a decent battery life (about 4
days standby with Bluetooth on constantly).

I need it to work with my H4150 to get online using my O2 connection.
Currently I have it working (just) with my 6310i however if I don't
keep the connection active after 30 seconds it just ends which isn't
exactly "always on". I had no problems with the SE T630 however I just
wondered if there are any better phones out there.

Thanks,

Morgan
8 answers Last reply
More about best bluetooth mobile
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:55:16 +0000, Morgan Pugh wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking to buy the best all round Bluetooth mobile that is
    > available. I have had nothing but problems with my 6310i

    What firmware ? AFAIK on anything less than 5.5 the Bluetooth is
    rather ropey.

    > and I just
    > want a phone which works. I don't care about a camera, etc. It just
    > needs to have working Bluetooth and a decent battery life (about 4
    > days standby with Bluetooth on constantly).
    >
    > I need it to work with my H4150 to get online using my O2 connection.
    > Currently I have it working (just) with my 6310i however if I don't
    > keep the connection active after 30 seconds it just ends which isn't
    > exactly "always on". I had no problems with the SE T630 however I just
    > wondered if there are any better phones out there.

    I'd say go for the SE t610, t630 or if you can still get one, a t68i.

    Bluetooth is rock-solid on all these. Battery life seems to be good
    to. OK the t610 and t630 have got a cameras but hasen't most things these
    days ?

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:11:49 +0100, michael turner
    <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote:

    >On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:55:16 +0000, Morgan Pugh wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am looking to buy the best all round Bluetooth mobile that is
    >> available. I have had nothing but problems with my 6310i
    >
    >What firmware ? AFAIK on anything less than 5.5 the Bluetooth is
    >rather ropey.
    >
    >> and I just
    >> want a phone which works. I don't care about a camera, etc. It just
    >> needs to have working Bluetooth and a decent battery life (about 4
    >> days standby with Bluetooth on constantly).
    >>
    >> I need it to work with my H4150 to get online using my O2 connection.
    >> Currently I have it working (just) with my 6310i however if I don't
    >> keep the connection active after 30 seconds it just ends which isn't
    >> exactly "always on". I had no problems with the SE T630 however I just
    >> wondered if there are any better phones out there.
    >
    >I'd say go for the SE t610, t630 or if you can still get one, a t68i.
    >
    >Bluetooth is rock-solid on all these. Battery life seems to be good
    >to. OK the t610 and t630 have got a cameras but hasen't most things these
    >days ?

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    I am looking at getting the K700i as it has enough memory to make the
    camera usable. I had a T630 but only being able to take 20 photos
    really annoyed me. Perhaps the K700i is that phone I am looking for ?!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 22:17:06 +0000, Morgan Pugh wrote:

    > Thanks for the quick reply.
    >
    > I am looking at getting the K700i as it has enough memory to make the
    > camera usable. I had a T630 but only being able to take 20 photos
    > really annoyed me. Perhaps the K700i is that phone I am looking for ?!

    Another quick reply coming up... ;-)

    Yup the Bluetooth perfomance with the k700i is supposed to be just as
    good. However there have been a few reports in the newsgroups that the
    battery life ain't what it should be, seems to be firmware issues.
    Although I've never actually tried this handset for myself.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:32:35 +0100, michael turner
    <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote:


    >Another quick reply coming up... ;-)
    >
    >Yup the Bluetooth perfomance with the k700i is supposed to be just as
    >good. However there have been a few reports in the newsgroups that the
    >battery life ain't what it should be, seems to be firmware issues.
    >Although I've never actually tried this handset for myself.

    Yeah I have also read on mobileburn.com that the battery life and
    battery gauge has a few issues. This is something I will look into
    before buying it. I might just buy another T630 as the phone was very
    good and I kind of wish I hadn't sold it now :(

    Expansys have the T630 (in black) for £139 SIM free which is a pretty
    impressive price considering what the phone can do. For some strange
    reason the Silver model is £181?!? Bit strange but I won't argue. I
    think I will save myself ~£100 and get the T630 as I don't need all
    the fancy features in the K700i and the battery life seems to be
    better in the T630.

    Thanks again and I really like what you did with your e-mail address
    in your sig. Never thought of doing that! Just to pop off topic but
    have you had SPAM by doing that with your address? Do harvesting
    programs know to apply ROT13 or are they not that advance yet?

    Cheers again you have been a great help,

    Morgan
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:59:38 +0000, Morgan Pugh wrote:

    > On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:32:35 +0100, michael turner
    > <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Another quick reply coming up... ;-)
    >>
    >>Yup the Bluetooth perfomance with the k700i is supposed to be just as
    >>good. However there have been a few reports in the newsgroups that the
    >>battery life ain't what it should be, seems to be firmware issues.
    >>Although I've never actually tried this handset for myself.
    >
    > Yeah I have also read on mobileburn.com that the battery life and
    > battery gauge has a few issues. This is something I will look into
    > before buying it. I might just buy another T630 as the phone was very
    > good and I kind of wish I hadn't sold it now :(

    I use a t630, along with a Nokia 6310i. Used to have a t68 which I also
    thought was a good phone, sold it to a mate and he's still using it, and
    he's very happy with it.

    > Expansys have the T630 (in black) for £139 SIM free which is a pretty
    > impressive price considering what the phone can do.

    > For some strange
    > reason the Silver model is £181?!? Bit strange but I won't argue. I
    > think I will save myself ~£100 and get the T630 as I don't need all the
    > fancy features in the K700i and the battery life seems to be better in
    > the T630.

    I find the battery lasts about 5 days with Bluetooth enabled in the
    evenings, for my headset while driving.

    > Thanks again and I really like what you did with your e-mail address in
    > your sig. Never thought of doing that! Just to pop off topic but have
    > you had SPAM by doing that with your address? Do harvesting programs
    > know to apply ROT13 or are they not that advance yet?

    No spam at all. Not many people do ROT13 their emails on usenet, so AFAICT
    it's not getting worth getting harvesters and spambots geared up for it.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:59:13 +0100, michael turner
    <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote:

    8<snip>8

    thanks for the replies :) I think I will go for a T630 or maybe try
    and steal my gf's T68i ;)

    You also might notice my signature has changed a little *g*

    Cheers again you help is most appreciated.

    Morgan

    --
    Morgan Pugh

    Email (ROT13): hfrarg@zchtu.pb.hx
    Web: http://mpugh.co.uk

    PGP Key at http://www.mpugh.co.uk/pgp.asc
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:31:59 GMT, Morgan Pugh <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    >On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:59:13 +0100, michael turner
    ><zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote:
    >
    >8<snip>8
    >
    >thanks for the replies :) I think I will go for a T630 or maybe try
    >and steal my gf's T68i ;)
    >
    >You also might notice my signature has changed a little *g*
    >
    >Cheers again you help is most appreciated.
    >
    >Morgan

    Sorry to reply to my own post.

    I decided to get a phone I want but I am stuck about which phone to
    get from these three...

    1. SonyEricsson K700i
    2. Nokia 6600
    3. Nokia 6230

    I have wanted the 6600 for so long but I don't know which one to get
    :(

    Which is the best in your opinion?
    --
    Morgan Pugh

    Email (ROT13): hfrarg@zchtu.pb.hx
    Web: http://mpugh.co.uk

    PGP Key at http://www.mpugh.co.uk/pgp.asc
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    In article <g9bvi0l021ai2u2onor6lr0ilp4d3m20lf@4ax.com>,
    usenet@mpugh.co.uk wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am looking to buy the best all round Bluetooth mobile that is
    >available. I have had nothing but problems with my 6310i and I just
    >want a phone which works. I don't care about a camera, etc. It just
    >needs to have working Bluetooth and a decent battery life (about 4
    >days standby with Bluetooth on constantly).
    >
    >I need it to work with my H4150 to get online using my O2 connection.
    >Currently I have it working (just) with my 6310i however if I don't
    >keep the connection active after 30 seconds it just ends which isn't
    >exactly "always on". I had no problems with the SE T630 however I just
    >wondered if there are any better phones out there.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Morgan

    I am using Sony Ericsson T610, happy with it. Its BT works pretty well
    with my Palm Tungsten T2, my PowerBook G4, powerful organizer features.
    Love it.

    --
    Tao Tong
Ask a new question

Read More

Bluetooth Mobile Connection