Serious Sound Card Issues

travis myers92

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
Hello, I have recently been having a problem that is driving me mad. What im expieriencing is a somewhat flickering noise coming from my headset, it ONLY happens when I am running xsplit. Xsplit is a broadcasting program that captures your screen, sound and anything else you program it to be. I originally ran into this problem with a 4 year old sound blaster x-fi gamer and figuered it was just the old age in the card. I am not using a new 5.1 rocketfish card. Everything worked fine when I first installed the driver, I can get it to work without this flickering every time I reinstall the driver till the next morning when I reboot and turn on xsplit again. For some reason idk whatever reason it is, every time I shut off the computer it corrupts it. Once again I only hear this when I am streaming.

If anyone here would be kind enough to stop by this link and skim through it. Occasionally you can hear what im going through but not nearly as bad as what I am hearing, It sounds like a choppyness mixed with a flickering.

If I could just get the driver to continue to work after the reboot process id be golden. Thanks for any advice. :sweat:

The link http://www.twitch.tv/killerbeesting/b/304209939

andy_in_kenya

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Hi,

here a couple of things to check/try

- onboard sound on your motherboard has to be disabled in BIOS. Is it?

- mute any microphone inputs

- in device manager disable any HDMI/HD sound drivers that are NOT related to your sound card

- if nothing above helps, uninstall the drivers completely, then delete files and folders and all registry entries related to the sound card. Shut down the computer, then move the sound card to another slot if possible. Reinstall drivers and try. Then reboot and try a couple of times.

ezekielPC

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Quick note, to completely remove the drivers, uninstall the drivers, turn off, pull out sound card so that Windows does not detect it and automatically install the drivers.
Then use a program called Driver Sweeper (If you have a Creative or Realtek Soundcard) in safe mode (F8 at startup) to completely wipe the drivers, Switch off your computer, plug the soundcard back in. Switch on, boot into windows, install drivers, restart. If that doesnt fix it post back here :)