Sign in with
Your question

Bent CPU socket pins?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 21, 2012 10:07:26 PM

After RMA'ing my mobo because my 3770K was running at high voltage it was sent back to me andsent into MSI to repair bent pins. I had already ordered a new one thinking I would get a refund from Newegg because I did not notice the bent pins. It was sent back and said to have been repaired. Problem is that with the new mobo my CPU still ran at high voltage and when I took off my cooler, cleaned CPU and than removed it I am not sure if I bent the pins on this one or not? I put the CPU in with the words ready left to right below the heatsinks above the CPU sockets (So if the board was facing long way with the PCI slot end towards me you could read it. The thing I found weird was that even though they look bent, the pins on the "repaired" board look the same?

More about : bent cpu socket pins

October 22, 2012 7:27:45 AM

it looks great. I bent pins on my gigabyte x58 extreme motherboard. I know how you feel. ha ha.

Are you putting too much thermal paste ?
m
l
October 27, 2012 5:03:47 PM

Duckhunt said:
it looks great. I bent pins on my gigabyte x58 extreme motherboard. I know how you feel. ha ha.

Are you putting too much thermal paste ?

No, a small dot on the CPU and than evenly spread out think with my finger inside a baggy. I got a pretty bad 3770K and I am sending it in for replacement, already got the RMA approved.

I was just worried if they were bent because the first board had bent pins but I was certain it was not me until I saw this. I was not 100% sure if they were supposed to be like that and it lead me to believe the first board was error on my part. I now know it was not and that this board is fine. Thank You!
m
l
!