Solved

Should i get the B75 or the Z77

Hi all got some basic questions
I'm not to sure about what i should get and what i will need later on down the line.

I want a gaming computer that i plan to (maybe/if i get the time to/feel like it) use to stream my games.

Im just confused is the real concern,i don't know if i will need or want the Z77's overclock,if not i would love to save a few bucks by getting the B75. If i don't get the 77 then i don't see the point in getting the CPU Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor either.

Should i get the overclock,is it worth the extra money,if not what else should i drop if i don't need it?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/l0n5

Any help is appreciated
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about should
  1. Best answer
    the B75 boards can overclock but they can't change the voltage or VCore of the cpu meaning lower overclocks but if you want to save money get the B75 but know that you can't overclock your cpu as much
  2. How much is that,would it make a difference for intense gaming?Not intense but high end.
  3. moondogy42 said:
    How much is that,would it make a difference for intense gaming?Not intense but high end.

the 3570k (in most cases) can get ~4Ghz but with voltage adjustment it can got to ~4.4+ and in games like bf3 that is like 2 maybe 4fps so it is up to you
  4. Am i reading this correctly,with the 75 i can get to 4 and the 77 goes to 4.4+?

If thats the case i'm all about the money,going with the 75.
  5. moondogy42 said:
    Am i reading this correctly,with the 75 i can get to 4 and the 77 goes to 4.4+?

If thats the case i'm all about the money,going with the 75.

ya basically B75 is for the safe users and the Z77 is for one that want to go all out on overclocking
  6. Best answer selected by moondogy42.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking