Sign in with
Your question

Blue Screens & Memtest86+ Errors

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
October 21, 2012 10:56:56 PM

Hey! First of all thanks to anyone who helps me. I started having blue screen problems on Friday, so I decided to reformat my PC. It all worked fine, but then I got more blue screens after Windows 7 was installed. So, I reformatted once again. Didnt work. Reformatted twice more on Saturday. STILL no luck. I kept getting blue screens, all saying different things. So of course I started to look it up and I read I should run memtest86+. Im doing this right now, and I already have 600,000 errors and its not even done with the 1st pass. It says Pass 34%. What could be the cause of this?

I run on Windows 7 64 bits.
Motherboard: ECS H67H2-M3
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.10 GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR 1333
GPU: NVIDIA ENGTX560 DC/2DI/1GD5

Once again, thanks or any help!
a b } Memory
October 22, 2012 1:02:36 AM

Reseat memory (remove and reinstall) with computer disconnected from wall outlet. Run memtest again to check for errors, if errors are found try each memory module one at a time. Here is some compatible memory. G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL if you need to buy some new.
m
l
October 22, 2012 1:11:46 AM

Yeah sounds like you need new memory at the least, see if you can borrow a stick from a friend after trying what knightdog56 has suggested. If you still have problems with another stick other hardware may be bad.

P.S. to test your motherboard take all memory out and turn on the computer, if your mobo beeps then it is good if it doesn't it is bad.
m
l
Related resources
October 22, 2012 1:25:51 AM

dudemcduderson said:
Yeah sounds like you need new memory at the least, see if you can borrow a stick from a friend after trying what knightdog56 has suggested. If you still have problems with another stick other hardware may be bad.

P.S. to test your motherboard take all memory out and turn on the computer, if your mobo beeps then it is good if it doesn't it is bad.

Can you confirm your motherboard testing theory? I´m about to RMA a motherboard because Memtest is throwing errors and it´s not the RAM. Maybe doing that I´ll save the trouble to send a non-faulty motherboard
m
l
a b } Memory
October 22, 2012 2:17:16 AM

@MatiasMGS that is fo what memtest was made for (this software tool aimed at memory failures detection. )
m
l
October 22, 2012 2:52:04 AM

scout_03 said:
@MatiasMGS that is fo what memtest was made for (this software tool aimed at memory failures detection. )

That´s why I want to test the motherboard, because my provider tested the ram and it threw no errors, unlike on my pc.
m
l
October 22, 2012 6:39:47 AM

Thanks for the fast replies! Alright, I'll try that out. I was afraid I'd have to buy a new memory. Hopefully it'll work.
m
l
!