I just bought a Gigabyte H77M-D3H. I assembled it started it up:
- On 1st boot: "works", didn't notice BIOS screen tho, saw my SYSLINUX bootloader from my old HDD tho. Didn't suceed loading my Arch Linux likely because of differences in BIOS settings: notice the same error something about `/dev/sda7` not found: had the same thing when I was using ASUS H67-M, and changed SATA mode from IDE to AHCI.
- Restarted intending to boot OS: failed, no BIOS screen, but also no beeps nor any bootloader
- Tried a few more times, same results
- Tried removing all connectors, front audio, USB, HDD, GPU (used Integrated Graphics instead), failed
- In fact after a few tries, the fans started and stopped after some time. And sometimes, doesn't start at all! I tried ensuring all connectors left are tight too.
What might have gone wrong? 2 main signs of problems here/summary:
- Missing BIOS screen, nothing seen on screen
- Fans start and stop, or doesn't start at all sometimes
Processor is i3 2100
Oh yes I also did notice some kind of clicking noise, I thought it was HDD, but I disconnected it, I think it still persisted, for sometime until the fans just start and stopped. I know my PSU is Seasonic, should be http://seasonicusa.com/M12II.htm, the 500W one.
Ok, just tested again today, plugged in my old ASUS H67-M (which has corrupt BIOS, I think), all fans spin OK. PC doesnt start most likely because of BIOS corrupt. So I think I can say other components CPU/PSU works fine?
Then also tried installing this new H77M-D3H again, same problem, fans spin and then die down.
While removing the MB to be sent back to shop, I also noticed the CPU wasnt hot or anything like like