No boot with second pci-e videocard

Steadirob

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello, i wanted to use an asus 5450 silent video card in my dfi rs482 mobo to be able to make surround view (4 monitors) which it claims it can do, but the moment I install that card, every thing stops: powerled blinks rapidly, hdd led blinks repeatedly and the hdd makes clicking noises. Without that card , the onboard works fine.
Tried bios update, W XP, w7 32 and 64 bit, all the same, bios settings as per manual, checked the psu, all voltages fine and stable.also with that asus card installed.
Any suggestions what could be wrong?

Steadirob

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Quick update: i read elsewhere about how some guy opened the Pci-e 1x slot at the back and inserted a 16x card in there and it worked..... Since i don't have much to loose I did that too and YES!!! It does work with this card as well.
However, I could not get the surroud view working. If I use pci-e as first display with i get only the asus card in device manager, the igp is not seen. If I use onboard as first display I do get the post and bios screen on that but Windows ends up on the asus card output (dvi or hdmi) and the onboard dvi output becomes black with a flading cursor, but nothing can be done with it.
In device manager I get 2 graphics adaptors x200 primary and secundary, with yellow exclamation mark and a message that the drivers are wrong, however, windows cannot find any better drivers.

Not sure where to go now.......
Rob
In any case there is no surround view and I also cannot find that option in the bios.

Steadirob

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
No solution yet, I am still hoping someone can tell me the bios settings that were used when setting up the surround view option with this motherboard.

Strangely it shows 2 x onbouard video as primary and secundairy, where the secundairy has the exclamation mark and the warning that there is no good driver for it.
This is in the current setup where I disabled the onboard igp and only use the Asus card.
The Asus card works without problems on that (opened) pcl-e 1x socket, not using the other lanes up to 16x.

So: still looking for the right settings, or a conformation from someone that it is just not possible, despite the manufacturer's claim. :eek:
Rob