Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error

chinchymcchilla

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Hello,

I am not sure this is the correct subforum for this, so please feel free to move if not. My girlfriend has, over the last few evenings, been receiving a blue screen error with the "Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error." She receives this only in the middle of the night, after the machine has been on and idle for several hours. She does NOT receive it when playing games or watching netflix/youtube, though granted the games she plays are not especially graphics intensive.

I tried to do some research into this error, but most suggested either BIOS settings (hers are at default) or overclocking issues (again, hers are at default). I feel the difference here is WHEN the error occurs, and hope that might help narrow it down.

If it helps, her current hardware is:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor
8GB Ram DDR 2
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Graphics Card.

If anyone can help, please let me know, as she is not in a great financial situation and a fix is vital here. If any further specs are needed I'd be happy to provide that as well. Thank you in advance for any help.

chinchymcchilla

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
A quick addendum, I have checked the CPU temperatures and, at least upon starting the machine and under normal use, things seem to be fine, with 50C on Remote 1 being the highest temperature in speed fan.