3 6970s bottlenecking a 2600k?

Hard to say but Tri CF has never been a place for any but the most daring.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6850-6870-crossfirex-review/15

So over the years Multi-GPU support has improved quite a bit, AMD still isn't up-to snuff at the level of NVIDIA though, multi-GPU supports still literally and directly remains the Achilles heel of ATI's Catalyst drivers.

So let's round things up, personally we always say stick to one or maybe two high-end cards as there is so much less driver fuzz to worry about. It's like this with ATI, once you pass 2 GPUs you'll often find yourself compromising a lot with new game titles versus multi-GPU support. And this is why today's tested products in 2-way CrossfireX mode work so well.

AMD really does needs to step it up a little more on better and even faster game profile support AND user based and created profiles, period......

caqde

Distinguished
in a little over a week the 7970 will be out I think two of those should be able to handle 3 screens pretty well and likely give better performance than 3 6970's not to mention they are both going to run around the same price (~350*3 VS 550*2 or 1050 vs 1100).

But I guess this really depends on where you are sitting at. If you have 1 6970 I might say get a 7970 to replace what you have and sell the 6970 to help with the second 7970. If you are already using 2 6970's then go ahead and get the third one.

TRENDING THREADS