System gets stuck at Windows Logo after fresh Windows 7 install

tjlmbklr

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
If anyone wants to read the thread that is the precursor to this all - then here it is:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/322460-30-motherboard-issue-confirmation

I think I have ruled out all other components. I have a new SSD (which is used for my boot/programs drive), I have tried a different optical drive, I have nothing plugged into the motherboard other than my graphics card, I have tried reinstalling Windows several times and I am getting all the proper voltages in the BIOS.

After I successfully install Windows and it reboots I get hung up at the Windows boot logo. It just sits there and the logo is actually moving slightly but I cannot get past it. I have tried flashing new BIOS on my MB I have run a MEMtest and my RAM checks out fine and loading the optimal defaults. What is strange is I can take my SSD out and load Windows on another PC and it will boot fine. :??:

Specs are in my sig.

-TJ

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
First off is your SSD connected to sata 2 port 0? Also is your SATA RAID/ AHCI Mode configured to AHCI in the Integrated Peripierals? ( page51 of motherboard manual) make sue it is set to AHCI before installing Windows 7 or later.

tjlmbklr

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010

I did have it configured to AHCI in the BIOS but I am not sure which port its in. I assume I will have to reinstall if I wasn't in the correct port?