Need a way to lock the Icons

July 25, 2004 8:36:34 PM

I have two little ones here at home and they get the Icons moved all over
the place.
I have the auto setting off as I like to have them in a different order. Is
there a way to lock them down as I have them so the little people can't get
them all messed up?

Thanks for any help on this.

Papa Bear

More about : lock icons

July 25, 2004 8:36:35 PM

Do a Google search on "Save Icon Position" or similar; I've seen software
somewhere that said that's was one of it's finctions but I have no idea
where or what it was called.

"Papa Bear" <dmerwin@removethis.this.triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have two little ones here at home and they get the Icons moved all over
> the place.
> I have the auto setting off as I like to have them in a different order.
Is
> there a way to lock them down as I have them so the little people can't
get
> them all messed up?
>
> Thanks for any help on this.
>
> Papa Bear

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 2:45:27 AM

Look for desktop Restter at http://www.nouturn.com/resetter

good luck

"Papa Bear" <dmerwin@removethis.this.triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have two little ones here at home and they get the Icons moved all over
> the place.
> I have the auto setting off as I like to have them in a different order.
Is
> there a way to lock them down as I have them so the little people can't
get
> them all messed up?
>
> Thanks for any help on this.
>
> Papa Bear

July 26, 2004 2:45:28 AM

> Look for desktop Restter at http://www.nouturn.com/resetter

Or try Icon Saver at iconsaver.com. It costs half what DR costs (5$ vs. 10$).
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 7:38:12 AM

Hi,
I use Enterra Icon Keeper Deluxe. It's very helpfull tool!!!
The official site can be found at http://www.enterra-soft.com
!