Physical memory dump.

rikimanu

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
I have been having this problem for quite a while but of course it didn´t happen often, in fact rarely so i didn´t bother. Lately it has been more than just rarely and it has been quite annoying and worry some. A blue screen interrupts whatever i´m doing and starts proceeding to a memory physical dump. I have researched a bit about how to solve this or the main problems.

I got a new PS just a month ago or less, installed it without problems (Froma generic one to a 700 Watts but the problems started with the generic one).

I have cleaned all the principal components, Heatsink, Powersupply, GPU, CPU. But it still happening.

I followed this guide http://wiki-errors.com/physical-memory-dump-and-what-to-do-about-it/ and not much of a progress. I had to change the intial value to 4k because i only have 4k RAM.

It mostly happens when i´m playing video games mostly. I can play for a few hours and be fine even for a couple of days or even weeks until it happens again. My MOBO is a G41M-VGS3/G41M-VS3 R2.0.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

rikimanu

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Hardware. At least that´s what the BSOD keeps telling when it happens. About incorrect hardwared installation or abot it. Everything works just fine and never gave me a problem besides this.

About the memtest86+ How does this work? It seems i have to boot it in the boot menu with a floppy disk.

PD: Tried to play Fallout; New Vegas and in a few minutes it happened. Tried it again and now i have been playing it for 5 hours straight in Ultra. This seriously makes no sense.

rikimanu

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012

Alright, i will burn a 4gig disc just for it tho (Sadly no clean ones besides that one). Before proceeding is this the one that you have to left running thru all night?

I had the same feeling but i still have the warranty for it (amazing).

I don´t know why but can programs like Game Booster and Daemon Tool be the cause? I sense improvement when i don´t use them and i unmount the images. Stupid hunch but just feels like it.

I had issues like yours with an older p35 gigbyte motherboard. it was the speed of the ram that was causing issues. the mb was labled as to be able to use ddr-2 1066 ram. with good name brand 1066 ram the mb would random crash under load.
with your mb they tried to uses ddr-3 ram on and older chipset. if you look on page 8 and page 21 there some good warining to people on setting the ram and cpu speed with a jumper on the mb. if your intel cpu is one that runs on a 533 bus then i would contact the ram vendor your have if you have a life time warranty and try and get 800 speed ddr-3 ram. if your using 1300 or faster ram you need to move the jumper on the mb over and then runb some stress test to see if it run worse or better.

mubin

Distinguished
Asrock has problem with high speed memory then it supports usually. Gigabyte has no problem with high speed memory. My cousin running 1333 speed ram on gigabyte g41 with a pentium dual core. Ram operates as 800. No problem, even with gaming.

Alright, i will burn a 4gig disc just for it tho (Sadly no clean ones besides that one). Before proceeding is this the one that you have to left running thru all night?

I didnt get you clearly. I want to make sure if ram working correctly. As smorizio said, there maybe problem with ram speed. Thats why i want to know if ram is working correctly.

rikimanu

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
I have been off for a few days and etsting some hypothesis i had. When i stopped using daemon tools and games booster the problem suddenly stopped and when i started to use it again it a few minutes later it happened. Probably it is just mere coincidence but at least i wanted to point this out.

I lost the warranty, it expired and the only thing i cna do to either solve the MOBO or RAM issue is by buying a new one of either. (Can´t do this. I´m planning in getting a new MOBO but not inmediately).

I was looking at the guide on how to run this scan and as well some things i heard about it about leaving it to run throught all night. In the guide it says to burn the file into a disc and boot it in the bios. I will do the scan in a few hours and then report back.

I have been wondering if this might be as well a cause of a lost partition?. With this i mean a few months ago (Around the same time it started) I was ¨playing¨ with the partition of the hard disk and somehow a 200gig partition just dissappeared. Tried recovering but had no idea of how to even after long hours of research. I have 2 hard disk of 356 gig each. Right now i have 1 of 356 and another of 174 exactly the half but the other partition is missing.