Please Help, i7 running slow

blakmumba

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Hi everyone and Happy New Year :D

Im not very good at explaining but here goes so please forgive me in advance for anything that dosent make sense or if i've missed anything out.
Im running an i7 920 D0 at STOCK (low elec consumption) with Corsair H50 push/pull (not good at overclocking but overclocked to 4ghz with HT on but needed over 1.4v even with HT off but temps were 76deg under prime 12hr test), Asus Rampage II Extreme, 6gig Corsair XMS3 1600 cl8, Intel Extreme Performance 160gig ssd drive, GTX480 etc. Everything was running great on stock settings but all of a sudden my pc's gone slow. Just launching the internet is slow, nero vision is slow, playing a movie of my other hard drive is slow, encoding is slow - basically its like my last old pc. All my drivers are up to date.

Please could some advice me what might be the problem.

Many Thanx and Kind Regards

blakmumba

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
EDIT - have ran malware, spyware, virus scans and everything running ok with some tracking cookies removed.
Running Windows 7 Ultimate with all updates up to date.

blakmumba

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Hi, ive just remembered that when i reinstall windows my D:\ (1TB) drive doesn't pick up so I have to manually go into computer management and assign a hard drive letter to it and the hard drive is gradually becomming noisy (not ticking but is loud when accessing data). Could the hard drive be an issue for it running slow?

Thankyou everyone