Solved

What's difference between MSI Z77A-G45 and G65?

Title says it all. Looking to upgrade to the i5 3570K and am trying to decide on a board.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what difference z77a
  1. There both good boards one just has a ton of more features than other and thats what your paying for.

I'd go for the cheaper one G45 its a bit silly to get the G65 if your not looking for all those extras.
  2. Is it better for overclocking? Because I want it for gaming and overclocking, that's all I care about.
  3. You will have better temps for overcloking on G65 which is important for overclocking.
  4. Huh. The heat syncs on both boards look pretty similar, I figured cooling wouldn't be any different.
  5. Actually, nevermind. They are bigger on the G65. I think I'll just go with that, considering I'm looking at a $30 difference.
  6. Is it a Z77A-GD65 vs z77a-g45?

gd65 has all three PCI-e 3.0 slot where g45 has 2xPCI-e 3.0 and one PCI-e 2.0.

Go with g45. Its enough for you with 2x3.0 pci-e. No need to spend extra money.
  7. Best answer
    For overclocking, both will be same. Little difference is ignorable. No need to waste money on gd65 for extra slot which you dont need.
  8. Is that really the only difference? The 3rd PCI-E 3 slot?
    So you figure overclocking will be the same?
  9. As long as same chip and same brand with same model, no difference. Little big heatsink will not make such difference.
  10. So I'm not much of a fancy feature guy. All I want is PCI-E 3.0, Ivybridge, and overclockability. Sounds like the G45 would be perfectly fine for me I guess.
  11. Yes, its perfect with dual PCI-e 3.0 for multi gpu and supports IB cpu with overclocking. Also cost less than gd65. Will be great for you :)
  12. Cool, thanks for the help.
  13. Best answer selected by full_out.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Intel i5 Motherboards