The sound in my PC is not working

eminem 2ka9

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Recently, the metal bar in my Charger hole snapped, i had to go inside my Laptop and repair it myself. I switched on my pc after repairing and i seen that my computer was charging ok now. Then i loaded up youtube and saw that the sound wasn't working. I Checked and updated my sound driver, and put the audio level up to Max! Still nothing. My driver is "Conexant High Definition Audio" btw. I'm not sure what this is but it's really annoying. I Just got gta sa online and it's really cool, but it's just silent. The computer isn't the same anymore just dull, boring and not fun. It ruins every video, game or music i watch or listen to. Is there any way i could go inside my Laptop and fix this problem. I'm not sure how to but i just really don't wanna spend about 100 smacks for some guy to fix it uno. Is there a video showing u how to fix it or simular to it or maybe some page or something, anything at all. Oh i have a windows 7 64Bit home premium 4GB intel(R) Packard bell EasyNote TJ65 2.10GHz. This may help! Thanks to anyone who replys :)

smokincola

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.... Is there audio when you plug in headphones ? Just asking because if it's just the speaker connection that's broken then it's a pretty easy but delicate soldering job.

Also another silly question, when you updated the sound drivers did you uninstall the original drivers first ?

Also check that speakers are definitely set as 'Playback device' under the audio mixer (I know, I've had issues with Windows deciding to set other devices for default playback output).