Sign in with
Your question

Budget Gaming Prebuilt?

Last response: in Systems
October 1, 2011 5:45:21 PM

Hi everybody,
My laptop is on it's last leg, and I'm in the market for buying a prebuilt computer for gaming,but I'm on a tight budget of around $700, monitor and operating system included. Any suggestions/guidance would be very appreciated. The games I'll be playing are: SC2,DotA 2,World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2, and Red Orchestra 2. I'd prefer an AMD build, but i'm open to anything. Thank you.

More about : budget gaming prebuilt

October 1, 2011 6:23:24 PM

What sort of gaming performance are you seeking? If you are a casual gamer without the need for high fps and max resolution you could go with an i3 2525 processor ($145) with the built in graphics, and H67 mobo ($70-$100) and use the intel CPU cooler. This would save about $225 on the suggestion above, keeping the HDD PSU & case and leave room for the monitor, OS and other peripherals.
October 1, 2011 7:14:44 PM

I'm looking for the best possible preformance I can get while still staying in my budget, but I understand I have extremely high expectations. High settings would be preferred, but I know it won't be possible for some games (Crysis,etc.)
!