1-year contracts available?

Is it possible to get a 1-year contract straight from Cingular (either via
online/official store/independent retailer/customer service)? I know some
places (letstalk.com for example) will let you get a 1 year contract. I
already have Cingular-compatible equipment.

In article <usGdnWrgiJ4gyzDfRVn-3A@comcast.com>,
"Alex Song" <song0330@_removeme_comcast.net> wrote:

> Is it possible to get a 1-year contract straight from Cingular (either via
> online/official store/independent retailer/customer service)? I know some
> places (letstalk.com for example) will let you get a 1 year contract. I
> already have Cingular-compatible equipment.

hmmmm, have you been to cingular.com?

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
> In article <usGdnWrgiJ4gyzDfRVn-3A@comcast.com>,
> "Alex Song" <song0330@_removeme_comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to get a 1-year contract straight from Cingular (either
>> via
>> online/official store/independent retailer/customer service)? I know some
>> places (letstalk.com for example) will let you get a 1 year contract. I
>> already have Cingular-compatible equipment.
>
> hmmmm, have you been to cingular.com?

Yeah? As far as I can tell, they only offer 2 year contracts on their site.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 02:49:47 -0700, "Alex Song"
<song0330@_removeme_comcast.net> wrote:

>Is it possible to get a 1-year contract straight from Cingular (either via
>online/official store/independent retailer/customer service)? I know some
>places (letstalk.com for example) will let you get a 1 year contract. I
>already have Cingular-compatible equipment.

You can go without a contract completely though you will be ineligible
for any promotions. You will still be responsible for the activation
fee.
- -

Johnny

> Is it possible to get a 1-year contract straight from Cingular (either via
> online/official store/independent retailer/customer service)?

Yes. I walked into a Cingular store last week and put two phones on a 1
year family plan. No problem.

Alex Song Wrote:
> Is it possible to get a 1-year contract straight from Cingular (either
> via
> online/official store/independent retailer/customer service)? I know
> some
> places (letstalk.com for example) will let you get a 1 year contract.
> already have Cingular-compatible equipment.

If you use the web to sign up or if you call cingular to order, they
will tell you that you must sign up for two years. If you go to a
Cingular store or a Cingular affiliate, you can sign up for one year.
It's called marketing and it's really scummy, in my view. You can get
the identical plans on a one year basis or two year basis. The only
difference is that they will give you an additional $50 off the price
of a phone for the two year service. The prices on the web include the
$50 discount.

--
ghstudio

Alex Song wrote:

> Is it possible to get a 1-year contract straight from Cingular (either via
> online/official store/independent retailer/customer service)? I know some
> places (letstalk.com for example) will let you get a 1 year contract. I
> already have Cingular-compatible equipment.

If you have a compatible phone, Cingular will allow you to choose a plan (last
I knew it was the same as any current plan, less the mobile-to-mobile) WITHOUT
a contract. However, just because a phone has the "Cingular" name on it, that
doesn't mean it can be activated. Cingular is "migrating" from TDMA to GSM.
Because there are many TDMA handsets with the Cingular name on them, it can be
misleading. The same is true if you have a Verizon branded phone that does
not have 1900 mHz band, they will not activate it.

What model phone do you have?

TH