Asus motherboard repair

brahma6319

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I broke off Sata no. 1 plug on a MSA88T-V EVO/USB3> Only plug 1 and 2 are 6 gb. I use a Samsung
ssd card previously on plug one and a WD Black 6 gb 1 TB hard drive on plug 2. Has anyone ever de-soldered like Sata Plug 6 and resoldered it to Plug 1?

No can't say I have ever broke off one of my SATA plugs. If you have really good soldering skill you might be able to do it. Personally I would just put the SSD drive on SATA 2 and your 1TB hard drive on one of the other ports. I really do not think it will hurt your performance very much if at all. And it will be better than running the risk of killing the whole motherboard.

From what I could find out Asus is showing the 5 blue SATA ports as 3GB. Unless I found the wrong board you do not have SATA III ports but SATA II witch means you will not lose anything by using SATA 2 instead of 1.

nekomastermax

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Dude, a normal Hard disk with spinning platters probably wont utilitise the full speed of Sata III where as they keep coming out with new revisions of SATA for faster and faster Solid State drives.

If you put your SSD on your working SATA 6 port and the 1 TB on a regular Sata 3 port you should be fine, if you did it the other way around though the SSD would probably seem much slower on 3Gbps then 6Gbps