Set FSB on Hp m7690n can it be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

specopspc

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Can I use Set FSB to overclock my CPU on my Hp m7690n at least a couple steps up? Is it possible on this motherboard and CPU set up with a Intel P965 chipset ?

Thanks in advance

Solution

It is not like your are going to kill your comp simply by playing around with a half baked program. Just use it, if you didn't cough donate for the code it won't be doing any overclocking period which is why I hate that program. If you are needing a boost I suggest that you hunt down something to upgrade to like a e6750 or a q6600.
It will likely work unlike what others think but I don't like setfsb and worse its the only program out there now that still retains modern support that isn't from any of the major companies like Asus. It is not free and you will have to cough up money for it.

Laptops usually don't overclock very well but they do but limited due to power and thermals. There are few exceptions in the laptop world, Intel laptops are the most difficult due to their locked multipliers and almost no way at all to adjust base clock/fsb.

Some amd laptops ship with unlocked multipliers that being mainly the new apu based machines. Some have gotten up to 3ghz and higher for those that got lucky with a very good sample.

specopspc

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010

thanks for the quick response, actually this is a Hp Pavillion Media Center desktop m7690n Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 processor I know you were referring to a laptop I believe . So you think it will work? I already have FSB but am too afraid to use it until I get more input.

It is not like your are going to kill your comp simply by playing around with a half baked program. Just use it, if you didn't cough donate for the code it won't be doing any overclocking period which is why I hate that program. If you are needing a boost I suggest that you hunt down something to upgrade to like a e6750 or a q6600.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.