TH67XE Not POSTing at all...

csimon91

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
This is my first build, and since yesterday Ive been attempting to get some kind of response from my mobo.

*BIOSTAR TP67XE (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67
*COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
*Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
*CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
This is currently everything i have installed for breadboarding along with the power of course. Only 1 stick of RAM is in place. My 4-pin is connected to the mobo's 8 pin. I thought it was my PSU, but tried powering it up with 2 working PSU's and i had the same problem. The ONLY response I get when it gets powered on is that my voltage reader on-board instantly blinks red once then nothing happens. Ive referred to http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems, and problem still persists. If anyone can take some time to help me out I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks

You've probably did install your GPU, but you didn't mention it in your post. To avoid redoing the work you've done with the troubleshooting guide, use the guide as a template in your response, to tell us what the results/observations/questions were at each applicable step. For example:

1. Did you carefully read the motherboard owners manual? Yes.

2. Did you plug in the 4/8-pin CPU power connector located near the CPU socket? My mobo has an 8-pin socket, but my PSU only has a 4-pin connector.

yada yada yada...

csimon91

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Ive done every step for sure. I've looked over it a couple of times afterwards. The only thing i would be unsure about is RAM compatibility. "Support 4-DIMM DDR3-1333/1066," is whats indicated under motherboards specs. But my RAM is DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600. Is this alright? But to answer your question, i have it breadboarded right now. So there's no case standoffs, video card. Ive tried both RAM sticks is every slot possible. MY CPU is in right, made sure there were no bent pens. I applied thermal compound last time i removed it. CPU fan is indeed plugged in, and the system speaker is also in. I just don't hear any beeps from it at all which is also weird. That's it!

OK. That's a little better. Not quite what I was hoping for, but let's move on.
In regards to your RAM, 1600 is fine. Your mobo will only support up to 1333, which means that's the max you can OC your RAM to. In other words, in your current mobo, your current RAM cannot use its maximum potential.

Manufacturers use a Quality Vendor List because 1) It eliminates tech support answering the question "Will X RAM work on this motherboard?" (Where "X" could be any appropriate RAM architecture) and 2) The listed part numbers are what were tested to work to the manufacturer's satisfaction. You'll notice that there are some part numbers from some manufacturers that aren't listed, but are among the best of the best (according to consumers, of course.) The QVL is made up of what was tested and met or exceeded expectations from the manufacturer, so using something from this list eliminates tech support from using the QVL against you.

Still a little ambiguous about the GPU/video card. Is it in, or not? If not, try using one.

The absence of beeps is indeed of concern; however, from the image of your mobo that I've reviewed, I don't see a motherboard speaker attached. Did you install one? (Just verifying that the speaker you mentioned is actually installed on the mobo, as opposed to being connected to the audio jack.)

Also, try clearing CMOS by pulling out the battery for a couple of minute, then reinserting it. You could also clear CMOS by using the Jumper. According to your mobo manual:
※ Clear CMOS Procedures:
1. Remove AC power line. <--------------------- Disconnect P1 (24-pin) and CPU connectors
2. Set the jumper to “Pin 2-3 close”.
3. Wait for five seconds.
4. Set the jumper to “Pin 1-2 close”.
5. Power on the AC.
6. Reset your desired password or clear the CMOS data.

csimon91

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
No, i haven't tried booting it up with my card. Ill do that now. I did install that speaker which is supposed to beep. Ive tried clearing CMOS already, still nothing. How will booting it up with a card make a difference?