System monitoring: Sensor failed

bukac999

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Hello everyone.When i start computer i get a list of hardware of my computer like GPU,HDD,CPU and so on and it says everything is working except this:
System monitoring : Sensor failed
Then i have 2 options - F1 to continue anyway and F2 to go in to bios for setup.In bios i find out that HDD,GPU and system sensors are ok , but CPU sensor failed. Since this appeared i have lagg spikes in every game because the psu fans are working at the same speed all the time so when my computer has hard task to do the cpu is propably overheating.What could happen? this started 2 days ago when i normally started computer and this happened.There was nothing wrong previous day.My motherboard name is Fujitsu siemens D2156-A1. I was trying to reinstall windows clear registry and things like that because i thought my computer is just slow because of low space on my HDD. But then i started thinking what if problem is somewhere else and i noticed that thing with sensors then.I tried also updating bios, however i can not do it because i still get some errors when starting deskflash within windows.Anyone can help hhow do i solve this?
Thank you

bukac999

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
ok i found "FAN 1" and i connected 4 pin connector there.However when i did this my computer could not boot. Motherboard was recieving power, however none of fans were working. And in front of my case i have a little display thats usually lighting when computer is on and showing some proccesses.This time i could see only "X" in there.
So i unpluged the FAN 1 and computer is again working,however with overheating processor again.

The "FAN 1" connector is the same connector than I can see in the picture next to the RAM slots and hole screw?

http://arch9.okr.ro/auctions.v3/700_700/2011/07/31/5/4/641811918934001531132489-5257063-700_700.jpg

bukac999

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Ok ill give it a try however i think it will not work because the wire looks like the one for floopy drive.Problem is that i never had this one connected and it was working before.When the cpu was heating, fan of powersupply worked faster.Now its runing on the same speed all the time

bukac999

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
I tried it.Did not work unfortunately.I went in to BIOS and i found one another thing
it looks like this:

fan state:
Powersupply: none
FAN1: none
FAN2: none
FAN3: none

The psu fan is working constantly but at the same speed so where could be the problem?