customizing solitaire deck

Is there a way to customize the images in the deck of cards
for the solitaire game in xp?

jgon wrote:
> Is there a way to customize the images in the deck of cards
> for the solitaire game in xp?

There are several choices for custom decks in the Game drop down menu. I
don't think there is a way to customize the images beyond what is offered
there.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
> jgon wrote:
> > Is there a way to customize the images in the deck of cards
> > for the solitaire game in xp?
>
> There are several choices for custom decks in the Game drop down menu. I
> don't think there is a way to customize the images beyond what is offered
> there.

Well, FYIY, I suppose one could use some resource editor to change
cards.dll, but IMHO that's probably more trouble than it's worth.

Homer J. Simpson wrote:
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> jgon wrote:
>>> Is there a way to customize the images in the deck of cards
>>> for the solitaire game in xp?
>>
>> There are several choices for custom decks in the Game drop down
>> menu. I don't think there is a way to customize the images beyond
>> what is offered there.
>
> Well, FYIY, I suppose one could use some resource editor to change
> cards.dll, but IMHO that's probably more trouble than it's worth.

Possibly, but that would be beyond the scope of this group.

--

> Homer J. Simpson wrote:
> > "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
> >>
> >> There are several choices for custom decks in the Game drop down
> >> menu. I don't think there is a way to customize the images beyond
> >> what is offered there.
> >
> > Well, FYIY, I suppose one could use some resource editor to change
> > cards.dll, but IMHO that's probably more trouble than it's worth.
>
> Possibly, but that would be beyond the scope of this group.

LOL, I wasn't aware this group had a defined scope. :)

And, FYI to the original poster (in case it's required mentioning): only do
this at your own risk.

Homer J. Simpson wrote:
> LOL, I wasn't aware this group had a defined scope. :)
>
> And, FYI to the original poster (in case it's required mentioning):
> only do this at your own risk.

Sure they do. Peer to peer discussions focused on the home and business end
user.

If you want to interact with program developers and discuss things like
component development or GUI programming, you would go here.

Welcome to MSDN Discussion Groups:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org

Mike

Splendid

What are you wanting to do?.. 'mark' the cards?.. :)

"jgon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to customize the images in the deck of cards
> for the solitaire game in xp?

> > LOL, I wasn't aware this group had a defined scope. :)
> >
> > And, FYI to the original poster (in case it's required mentioning):
> > only do this at your own risk.
>
> Sure they do. Peer to peer discussions focused on the home and business
end
> user.

I fail to see how I crossed that line. Replacing a bitmap in a DLL's
resources ain't rocket science. You could probably take the thickest poster
in this group and have him do it with maybe 3 lines of plain text
instructions. Well, okay, 4, if you're using a fixed-sized font and limited
to 80 characters per line. :p

> If you want to interact with program developers and discuss things like
> component development or GUI programming, you would go here.
[...]

<sarcasm>
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware "my type" wasn't welcome here. I guess I'll
pick up my toys and go play in my own backyard then.
</sarcasm>

Really, Ronnie: How did you make the jump from resource editing to
component development/GUI programming? Where's the implication, in my
original post, that I "want to interact with program developers"?

What next, VBScript kiddies are l33t?