Need Advice on Adding Memory

Tags:
  • Memory
  • Computer
  • Product
Last response: in Memory
October 23, 2012 3:00:53 PM

I have 1 set of:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Recently my computer has been using a decent amount of memory (Windows 7 Ultimate) during gaming and I was wondering if it would be wise to upgrade to one more set of 2x2gb sticks? (total of 8gb in computer)

If so, what would be a good choice? Would it matter that the RAM I have now is 7-8-7 Cas Latency 7 if I were to pair it with 9-9-9.

Now that I think about it my RAM right now is set at 9-9-9, since I forgot to set it up again after restting BIOS -.- (but I will be re doing it to 7-8-7)

More about : advice adding memory

October 23, 2012 3:05:04 PM

I don't think you would really see any benefit to upgrading to 16gb of RAM.

In response to your question, all RAM will run at the same timings. So if you buy the 9-9-9 RAM then you will have to run your 7-8-7 RAM at 9-9-9 in order for the slower chips to run.
m
l
October 23, 2012 3:06:53 PM

jsrudd said:
I don't think you would really see any benefit to upgrading to 16gb of RAM.

In response to your question, all RAM will run at the same timings. So if you buy the 9-9-9 RAM then you will have to run your 7-8-7 RAM at 9-9-9 in order for the slower chips to run.

I'd only be at 8gb memory :D ; my bad will edit main post
m
l
October 23, 2012 3:10:29 PM

nged72 said:
I have 1 set of:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Recently my computer has been using a decent amount of memory (Windows 7 Ultimate) during gaming and I was wondering if it would be wise to upgrade to one more set of 2x2gb sticks? (total of 8gb in computer)

If so, what would be a good choice? Would it matter that the RAM I have now is 7-8-7 Cas Latency 7 if I were to pair it with 9-9-9.

Now that I think about it my RAM right now is set at 9-9-9, since I forgot to set it up again after restting BIOS -.- (but I will be re doing it to 7-8-7)

If it would be good to add 4 more gb, which RAM would be good to pair with the already existing pair?
m
l