- can't run games on high resolution.
- some (e.g. with older atom cpus) will lag/stutter during hd video playback or high bit rate video playback.
- can't play crysis/metro 2033/gta 4.
- can't render one frame from transformers movie.
- can't play dvd/bd without an external player.
- can't install/reinstall os with an internal odd. you'll need an external odd or - usb stick.
- can't output to 1080p screen and play games well.
- can't score higher in 3dmark than a typically configured pc with core i7 3960x overclocked to 5 ghz stable, with 64 gb ddr3 1866 ram, 512 gb ssd, radeon hd 7970s in 4 way cfx.
- can't multitask as well as the pc mentioned above.
- can't replace your pillow.
- can't replace the little swimmers it fried while sitting on your lap.
- can't replace cpus or gpus.
- can't use thunderbolt/lightpeak.
has stated, it would be like a glorified smartphone. It can do just about anything a smartphone can do except make phone calls.
When comparing a netbook to a laptop, let's just say it is an underpowered laptop.