Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 570 Superclocked/gtx 580 Standard

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 1, 2011 11:57:44 AM

I currently have the gtx 580 standard video card. I am considering running dual graphics cards soon. The second one I am considering buying is the gtx 570 superclocked. So my first question is; if I ran these two together which one should be my main one. Because from what I have heard you get the full capacity of one and only a certain percentage of the other. So I guess it most likely simply boils down to which one is more powerful? Any insight on that would be helpful. My second question is; if I ran these two together what kind of power supply would I need to have. And I would preferably like to know what power supply would be a SOLID amount, not just the bare minimum. Thanks in advance.
a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2011 12:09:08 PM

Only problem is that you CAN'T SLI these two cards together. You would only be able to SLI your GTX 580 with another GTX 580, you can't combine it with any other card you want.

As for the power supply question, for two gtx 580's in SLI, you will want at least an 850w PSU from a quality manufacturer (corsair, antec, seasonic, OCZ, and a couple others)
m
l
August 1, 2011 12:14:07 PM

phishy714 said:
Only problem is that you CAN'T SLI these two cards together. You would only be able to SLI your GTX 580 with another GTX 580, you can't combine it with any other card you want.

As for the power supply question, for two gtx 580's in SLI, you will want at least an 850w PSU from a quality manufacturer (corsair, antec, seasonic, OCZ, and a couple others)

ooo okay. Thats good to know. Why is it that you can't SLI them?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2011 1:14:09 PM

While they use the same type of card, the GTX 570 is basically a GTX 580 that has a few things disabled or completely cut off, much like the 560ti has more things disabled and it goes down from there. Because the gtx580 actually needs these parts to operate, it can't be paired with a card that doesn't need the parts.

Think of grabbing any random car's enginge and throwing it into another car. All in all, its the same basic parts and connections, but they just don't go together and wouldn't run correctly. Same basic concept with the cards.
m
l
August 1, 2011 1:55:57 PM

Gotcha. Thanks for the lesson. ^_^
m
l
!