Can't find dual display option onATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 Graphics

leylandbobby

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
hi, just bought a Dell inspiron laptop, (specs below) like it says in the title I am struggling to find the dual display option for my ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 Graphics card. Been on line, says it has one.

Been waiting for an answer back from Dell but it doesn't seem forthcoming, so I was hoping that you guy's would let me bug you.

I run software that lets me edit audio and video sequences on my laptop whilst showing the video through my projector and on to a screen, and it mostly ends there.

I have done this on 3 previous laptops, but for the life of me, I can't make it happen on this laptop

Hope you can help, cheers.

Inspiron 17R- N7010 Laptop
Europe Dell Bluetooth 365 Card
Optical Drive : 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
Intel i5-480M Processor (2.66 GHz) Mobile CPU
Tomato Red IMR
1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
4 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
Hard Drive : 750GB Serial ATA (7200RPM)
Back Up Media Not Included
Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Reader
6 Cell Primary Battery, 48W
misc
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
ok here you go.....

1.) plug monitor in using whatever interface your laptop supports.....hdmi.....vga???

2.) open up the control panel and choose the "appearance and personalization"option

3.) in that window choose the "connect to an external display" sub-option under the "display" heading

4.) choose the monitor you plugged in the display option,,, and then choose "extend this display" in the multiple display option.....

that should activate your 2nd monitor.......

now you just have to drag programs over to your other display to make use of them!!!

good luck

leylandbobby

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Firstly, thanks for the prompt reply, and secondly...........woo hoo!! :bounce:

Can't thank you enough, I never would have found that myself. I've just been poodling around for a day and a half to prove it. Good on you mate, that's your good deed for the day.

All the best :hello: