Tips for overclocking GTX 460's in SLI?

gibbey531

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
I'm looking to get the most out of my SLI'ed GTX 460's performance wise. I keep reading that these gpu's have some hidden potential when sli'ed and overclocked. I have never overclocked before in my 9 years of tinkering/building computers but I'm feeling a little braver than before now. I was just wondering if there were any tips or utilities that help with the overclocking process or if you guys prefer one over the other? I'm, not looking to purchase any more cooling for my gpu's, but I have an extra 120mm fan with a speed control and that has kept my previous builds well from overheating.

My build:
Intel core i5 2500k
Samsung CD/dvdrw drive
hitachi 1tb hdd
4gb ram (looking to add another 8 here in next week or so)
700w PSU
EVGA GTX 460 x2 in sli

Any suggestions are much appreciated
Thanks!

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
im not sure if evga's have unlocked voltage or not ......id downoad asus' smart doctor....(ive had REALY good luck w/my asus 460's using this)

it'll allow you to bump up the volts a lil and increase your clocks/vram speed.....

i think you can control the fans via your nvidia control panel as well.......

good luck have fun....im jealous....i miss my 460's ......they really oc well and bench scale really well with the oc!!!

gibbey531

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011

What clock speeds were yours set at? This whole OC thing is new to me so when i read about all these clocks it's all greek to me. What would be some good clocks that I would notice an improvement in games?

thanks again