Upgrading Computer

dobbyqwerty

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Hey guys, how are we?

I'm new here and I was just hoping to get some ideas on how I should be upgrading my computer, what I should get etc.. I had this built for my birthday last year (Sept 2010) and now I have the money I wish to tweak it. My current specs are listed below

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Direct X Version: Direct X 11
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Power supply : 550 W
Mouse : Sidewinder Mouse x3
Keyboard : Sidewinder Keyboard x6

Also I was wondering how good my video card is and if that is the first thing I should upgrade.

Thanks guys.

What do you use your system for and where do you find its performance to be lacking? Do you want to be able to turn up the settings higher on your games, or do you want snappier performance, or some more number crunching power?

If its doing what you need well enough then dont bother with an upgrade, but if its not you need to figure out what you want it to do better and that will tell you what to upgrade.

dobbyqwerty

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Well battlefield three and skyrim, just around the corner, I want to be able to play them on the highest detail, I guess I just want some more power and to be quicker, it sometimes has problems with a lot of programs open, like when I'm using after effects and camtasia studios. ( so really for all three things your listed )
Its for gaming, video editing (sometimes) and when I have time assignment work. :p