bluetooth headset with deskphone

i'm not sure if this is even possible. i recently got a bluetooth enabled
phone, and a bluetooth headset. love it. what i'd really like to do, when i
take conference calls at home, is use my bluetooth headset with my
deskphone.

are their bluetooth desk phones by any chance? and adapter to take the
handset jack, plug a bluetooth adapter into it, and use the wireless headset
as a handset?

i appreciate the any help in advance
jd
9 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth headset deskphone

    An idea - I remember a while ago there was some software (SuperVoice if I
    remember correctly) that allowed you to use your PC to make Voice Calls via
    Mic & speakers. I usually required analogue cables between Line-in on the
    Modem & Line-Out on the Modem to the relevant connections on your PC
    SoundCard; some people can see the obvious reason why there's a problem with
    this, Line-out on the soundcard and Line-In are often used for other
    purposes.

    But it's supposed to work, maybe give it a look.

    Otherwise look-up Skype and make calls through the internet with it, while
    it costs, it's easier to setup and cleaner.

    jd wrote:

    > i'm not sure if this is even possible. i recently got a bluetooth enabled
    > phone, and a bluetooth headset. love it. what i'd really like to do, when
    > i take conference calls at home, is use my bluetooth headset with my
    > deskphone.
    >
    > are their bluetooth desk phones by any chance? and adapter to take the
    > handset jack, plug a bluetooth adapter into it, and use the wireless
    > headset as a handset?
    >
    > i appreciate the any help in advance

    <http://www.soundbug-us.com/catfeatures.asp?wid=641704>

    I'm not very impressed with it--the only thing it has going for it really is
    the ability to use a bluetooth headset. Otherwise, it's not a very well
    thought out design IMO.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    > jd wrote:
    >
    >> i'm not sure if this is even possible. i recently got a bluetooth enabled
    >> phone, and a bluetooth headset. love it. what i'd really like to do, when
    >> i take conference calls at home, is use my bluetooth headset with my
    >> deskphone.
    >>
    >> are their bluetooth desk phones by any chance? and adapter to take the
    >> handset jack, plug a bluetooth adapter into it, and use the wireless
    >> headset as a handset?
    >>
    >> i appreciate the any help in advance
    >
    > <http://www.soundbug-us.com/catfeatures.asp?wid=641704>
    >
    > I'm not very impressed with it--the only thing it has going for it really
    > is
    > the ability to use a bluetooth headset. Otherwise, it's not a very well
    > thought out design IMO.
    >
    >> jd
    Hi John.
    I'm curious, why do you think the design isn't well thought out?

    Thanks

    DB
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Dolphin Boy wrote:

    > "J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >> jd wrote:
    >>
    >>> i'm not sure if this is even possible. i recently got a bluetooth
    >>> enabled phone, and a bluetooth headset. love it. what i'd really like to
    >>> do, when i take conference calls at home, is use my bluetooth headset
    >>> with my deskphone.
    >>>
    >>> are their bluetooth desk phones by any chance? and adapter to take the
    >>> handset jack, plug a bluetooth adapter into it, and use the wireless
    >>> headset as a handset?
    >>>
    >>> i appreciate the any help in advance
    >>
    >> <http://www.soundbug-us.com/catfeatures.asp?wid=641704>
    >>
    >> I'm not very impressed with it--the only thing it has going for it really
    >> is
    >> the ability to use a bluetooth headset. Otherwise, it's not a very well
    >> thought out design IMO.
    >>
    >>> jd
    > Hi John.
    > I'm curious, why do you think the design isn't well thought out?

    Let me preface this by saying that it's not a _bad_ phone, it's just that it
    could have been a tremendous lot better. And the ability to use a decent
    wireless headset makes it worthwhile.

    It's not just one thing, it's a bunch of nitpick stuff. I haven't had it
    long so there is likely more than this.

    The big thing is that they just plain don't _do_ anything with the concept.
    Their big selling point is Bluetooth connectivity and yet the useful
    connectivity they provide via Bluetooth is minimal. You can use Bluetooth
    to connect a headset or to go online via the analog modem in the base unit,
    and that's _it_. You can't even synch the address book via Bluetooth, you
    have to use a USB cable for that. The modem is purely a data modem, no
    voice or fax capability--my feeling on it is "why did they bother with the
    modem at all". It's like they were desperate for some feature to provide
    and they weren't creative enough to come up with something that's actually
    _useful_. I wonder how much market research they did--the number of folks
    technoid enough to want a Bluetooth desk phone who don't have broadband has
    to be pretty small, and it's not the sort of thing that a "road warrior"
    would carry with him.

    Purely as a phone the volume on the base unit and on a plug-in headset is
    abysmal (same headset works fine with other phones), the handset is too
    small for comfort (can't brace it on your shoulder like you can a longer
    one--if you want both hands free you _have_ to use a headset or the speaker
    phone in the base), and, most annoying for me, you can't just pick up a
    call in progress from the handset--if you answer using the base unit then
    you have to put the call on hold and transfer it to the handset.

    For the price it would have been nice if they'd included some kind of
    answering function--as it is though it's pushed me off center to finally
    get my computer-based messaging set up properly.

    There are other annoyances--seems to me like every third time I use the
    thing it does something to annoy me, but those are the ones that come to
    mind off the top of my head.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    There are Bluetooth desk phones, but most Bluetooth headsets can only be
    paired with one device at a time. What you want/need might be the GN Netcom
    GN6110: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2350

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

    "jd" <jd0@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > i'm not sure if this is even possible. i recently got a bluetooth enabled
    > phone, and a bluetooth headset. love it. what i'd really like to do, when
    > take conference calls at home, is use my bluetooth headset with my
    > deskphone.
    >
    > are their bluetooth desk phones by any chance? and adapter to take the
    > handset jack, plug a bluetooth adapter into it, and use the wireless
    headset
    > as a handset?
    >
    > i appreciate the any help in advance
    > jd

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    jd wrote:
    > i'm not sure if this is even possible. i recently got a bluetooth
    > enabled phone, and a bluetooth headset. love it. what i'd really like
    > to do, when i take conference calls at home, is use my bluetooth
    > headset with my deskphone.
    >
    > are their bluetooth desk phones by any chance? and adapter to take the
    > handset jack, plug a bluetooth adapter into it, and use the wireless
    > headset as a handset?

    Nextlink www.nextlink.to make the bluespoon home adaptor to go inline with
    any phone and make it bluetooth active.

    --
    Snow cone? No no no - don't worry - it's lemon...
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    that's exactly what i was looking for!

    thanks
    jd
    "Tim S Kemp" <news@timkemp.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > jd wrote:
    >> i'm not sure if this is even possible. i recently got a bluetooth
    >> enabled phone, and a bluetooth headset. love it. what i'd really like
    >> to do, when i take conference calls at home, is use my bluetooth
    >> headset with my deskphone.
    >>
    >> are their bluetooth desk phones by any chance? and adapter to take the
    >> handset jack, plug a bluetooth adapter into it, and use the wireless
    >> headset as a handset?
    >
    > Nextlink www.nextlink.to make the bluespoon home adaptor to go inline
    > with
    > any phone and make it bluetooth active.
    >

    > --
    > Snow cone? No no no - don't worry - it's lemon...

  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    jd wrote:
    > i'm not sure if this is even possible. i recently got a bluetooth enabled
    > phone, and a bluetooth headset. love it. what i'd really like to do, when i
    > take conference calls at home, is use my bluetooth headset with my
    > deskphone.
    >
    > are their bluetooth desk phones by any chance? and adapter to take the
    > handset jack, plug a bluetooth adapter into it, and use the wireless headset
    > as a handset?
    >
    > i appreciate the any help in advance
    > jd

    I know that a company called HelloDirect has a bluteooth model designed
    for home phones. Could check them out, they <might> have what you're
    looking for.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    jd wrote:

    > i'm not sure if this is even possible. i recently got a bluetooth enabled
    > phone, and a bluetooth headset. love it. what i'd really like to do, when
    > i take conference calls at home, is use my bluetooth headset with my
    > deskphone.
    >
    > are their bluetooth desk phones by any chance? and adapter to take the
    > handset jack, plug a bluetooth adapter into it, and use the wireless
    > headset as a handset?
    >
    > i appreciate the any help in advance
    > jd

    In the US you can get Bluetooth desk phones made under the "Olympia" brand
    <http://www.olympiaphones.com/>. Staples usually has them in stock. They
    work, but as phones go they're not the greatest--using a Bluetooth headset
    the volume is not terribly good, but it's usable.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Bluetooth Gaming Headsets Phones Product