Internet explorer and Win XP

Hi,
I am using MS WinXP Pro upgraded with SP1 and SP2, while browsing through IE (in non Kiosk mode) and press <ctrl+n> to open a new window the status bar of the new window vanishes automatically unless I go to VIEW and then click the STATUS BAR again. Any solution will be highly appreciated.

Hi

Try this - if you haven't already done so:

Open Windows Explorer, enable the Status Bar, then go to Tools>Folder Options>View and click on 'Apply to All Folders'. This will apply to Internet Explorer as well.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"chandu" <chandu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A499EB7-FB6B-4C5D-A59E-D70580D8382C@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am using MS WinXP Pro upgraded with SP1 and SP2, while browsing through IE (in non Kiosk mode) and press <ctrl+n> to open a new window the status bar of the new window vanishes automatically unless I go to VIEW and then click the STATUS BAR again. Any solution will be highly appreciated.

Didn't work for me but (so far) the fix at
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm worked.

This only occurred with SP2 installed.