Internet explorer and Win XP

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi,
I am using MS WinXP Pro upgraded with SP1 and SP2, while browsing through IE (in non Kiosk mode) and press <ctrl+n> to open a new window the status bar of the new window vanishes automatically unless I go to VIEW and then click the STATUS BAR again. Any solution will be highly appreciated.

G

Hi

Try this - if you haven't already done so:

Open Windows Explorer, enable the Status Bar, then go to Tools>Folder Options>View and click on 'Apply to All Folders'. This will apply to Internet Explorer as well.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"chandu" <chandu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A499EB7-FB6B-4C5D-A59E-D70580D8382C@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am using MS WinXP Pro upgraded with SP1 and SP2, while browsing through IE (in non Kiosk mode) and press <ctrl+n> to open a new window the status bar of the new window vanishes automatically unless I go to VIEW and then click the STATUS BAR again. Any solution will be highly appreciated.

G

Didn't work for me but (so far) the fix at
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm worked.

This only occurred with SP2 installed.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try this - if you haven't already done so:
>
> Open Windows Explorer, enable the Status Bar, then go to Tools>Folder Options>View and click on 'Apply to All Folders'. This will apply to Internet Explorer as well.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
>
> "chandu" <chandu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A499EB7-FB6B-4C5D-A59E-D70580D8382C@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I am using MS WinXP Pro upgraded with SP1 and SP2, while browsing through IE (in non Kiosk mode) and press <ctrl+n> to open a new window the status bar of the new window vanishes automatically unless I go to VIEW and then click the STATUS BAR again. Any solution will be highly appreciated.
>
>
>