• Silverstone RV03
  • 60 %
  • CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced
  • 40 %
  • Other - please explain
  • 0 %
January 3, 2012 11:43:42 AM

Hey. I recently just built my very first system :bounce: 
I bought an NZXT Hades case because I had heard that it had decent airflow. However, with my CPU cooler ( Corsair A70) I had to remove the side fan which provided a significant amount of cooling to the case.

So I've been looking to get a new case and currently I'm stuck between the Silverstone RV03 and the CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced. Both provide great airflow and lots of space to work with (I plan on going SLI (or Crossfire) in the near future).
Each of them costs around £107 ($166) so I'm kinda torn between them
BUT I'm also open to anything else that might be considered as better within my budget (~£120($187)).

My system specs are:

MSI P67A-GD53 B mobo
i5 2500k
Corsair A70 CPU cooler (which needs 159mm clearance)
Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram
Nvidia gtx 560 ti
Antec 650W PSU (i forget which one)
1TB HDD, Blu-ray optical drive

So let me know what you guys think :) 
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2012 11:57:42 AM

My vote was for the RV03 - purely because it is a really nice case.

However, I couldn't personally warrant spending such an amount on a case.

For my own build I'm using a CM Storm Scout (about £60). I too am using GTX 560Ti and i5-2500k. The case is very spacious, fantastic cooling and well built. The main advantage is that the case has slots for x2 120mm fans on the side panel, meaning my graphics card gets PLENTY of cool air blown directly onto it. The GTX 560Ti isn't exactly a HOT card anyway, but the side fans certainly help.

Its a case id recommend to anyone not looking to spend a huge amount, while also getting a great quality case. There are also a couple of more expensive options with a few extra features in the same range of products. CM Storm Enforcer, CM Storm Sniper, CM Storm Trooper.

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/chassis/

a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2012 1:57:57 PM

had a haf x and have a raven rv02

the 90 degree motherboard rotation of the raven cools my graphics much better than the haf did

my overclocked gtx570 is much cooler and an awfull lot quieter--the fans only get to 23% gaming at full settings

at 1920 x 1200 its idling now at 27c at 12% fan speed

the rv03 should do even better as its got the air penetrator fans

so for me the rv03 is better especially for sli/crossfire
Related resources
January 3, 2012 9:45:26 PM

So the RV03 is getting even more tempting (especially since I can get the gold trim in other colours). However, the case requires that the power cable to the PSU be at a right angle ()
Does it come provided with the case (couldn't find any info on that) or does anyone know where the best place (in the UK) would be for that since I can't seem to find one :/ 
a b ) Power supply
January 4, 2012 12:30:08 AM

i seem to remember the 90 degree connector comes with it

best place in the uk for silverstone parts by a country mile is scan.co.uk

put silverstone in the search box and get an incredible 264 results :D 
!