Moon To East by Sega, on DC

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
>New Sega game on the DC called Moon to East, Sun to West to ship in
>June. Anyone know anything about it?
>http://www.ncsx.com/2004/ncs041204/ncs0412th.htm

According to SoJ's site, it's by a company called Alchemist, is also
called Operation Sanctuary, and is a romance/adventure.

Brian

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Brian Osserman wrote:

> Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
> >New Sega game on the DC called Moon to East, Sun to West to ship in
> >June. Anyone know anything about it?
> >http://www.ncsx.com/2004/ncs041204/ncs0412th.htm
>
> According to SoJ's site, it's by a company called Alchemist, is also
> called Operation Sanctuary, and is a romance/adventure.

I wonder why NCS says Sega is publishing it, or why Sega would publish
that type of game from a third party all of a sudden...

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

In article <407FE1A5.B568F7A9@nospam.com>,
Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
>Brian Osserman wrote:
>>
>> Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
>> >New Sega game on the DC called Moon to East, Sun to West to ship in
>> >June. Anyone know anything about it?
>> >http://www.ncsx.com/2004/ncs041204/ncs0412th.htm
>>
>> According to SoJ's site, it's by a company called Alchemist, is also
>> called Operation Sanctuary, and is a romance/adventure.
>
>I wonder why NCS says Sega is publishing it, or why Sega would publish
>that type of game from a third party all of a sudden...

Sega's published other companies' titles before, depending on availability
and region. From's 'Otogi' comes to mind immediately. It's not a big deal,
since all they're doing is taking advantage of existing distribution,
print and licensing agreements. Other people have done the same for Sega
when the situation arises; F355 Challenge comes to mind, since Acclaim
holds the exclusive video game rights to all of Ferrari's vehicle
likenesses in the United States.

I'm waiting for the day when video game development reaches the same kind
'critical mass' distribution that TV and print news media has... At that
point, instead of manufacturing discs and shipping them all over the
globe, developers would just transmit games electronically to a local
facility for printing and minting. That way, all games are 'published'
locally and all that really matters is who developed them. Creates jobs
close to home and makes it possible to meet demand on a regional level
more quickly. It also means that Vancouver doesn't sit on fifty-thousand
unsold copies of 'Seven Samurai 20XX' for eleven months. :)

-KKC, giving that idea up to the public domain for free. Not that
anybody's brave enough to make it happen...
--
-- "Seat cushions are sold at the bullfights, not so much - kendrick
to protect the patron's sitting apparatus as to furnish him - @io.com

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:

> In article <407FE1A5.B568F7A9@nospam.com>,
> Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
> >Brian Osserman wrote:

> >> According to SoJ's site, it's by a company called Alchemist, is also
> >> called Operation Sanctuary, and is a romance/adventure.
> >
> >I wonder why NCS says Sega is publishing it, or why Sega would publish
> >that type of game from a third party all of a sudden...
>
> Sega's published other companies' titles before, depending on availability
> and region. From's 'Otogi' comes to mind immediately. It's not a big deal,
> since all they're doing is taking advantage of existing distribution,
> print and licensing agreements. Other people have done the same for Sega
> when the situation arises; F355 Challenge comes to mind, since Acclaim
> holds the exclusive video game rights to all of Ferrari's vehicle
> likenesses in the United States.
snip

Yeah, but Otogi is inline with Sega's general genres (it's a bit like
the new Shinobo, for instance, and Sega's actively trying to make money
on the three dominant consoles). Sega has been largely out of the
business of releasing Dreamcast games, and Alchemist is a company that's
been putting out games for the Dreamcast (Wind and Princess Holiday last
year, a rerelease of Wind this year).