Tenda W311R installation

Omis

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Hello everyone,

This is something easy and I know you can help me. :)

I just bought a Tenda W311r router which is a good buy, problem is when I try to set it up, the installation wizard doesn't let me view it's whole screen. Attached below is a picture of the problem.Pretty sure there is a way to configure the size of the installation screen manually, I just don't know the steps.

123.png

Omis

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Thanks Emerald. I can try that. But I also want to ask, do I need 2 ethernet cables for this? 1 cable is connected from the dsl modem to the wireless router then the other cable is from the wireless router to my computer? Cos if it is, I may need to get another ethernet cable since I only have one. When I purchased the tenda router, I was told I don't need anything else. I guess that's not the case.

BTW, still have an idea how to fix that screen? I'm just using this for a month or 2 while waiting for another router. Now, someone will buy it from me and I may not be able to help them manually set up the router. He's not that literate with these things so I just want the set up wizard fixed as it is more user friendly.

to configure the router you do not need to be connected to the modem. So connect you computer to the router, configure it, and then use the network cable to connect the router to the modem since you should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.

However it would not be a bad idea to have a second network cable in case you need to troubleshoot any internet connection problems since you should do that while your computer is connected to the router via network cable.

as far as the screen try to change your display resolution setting.

Omis

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Yes I did, it was just the same. By doing that, I was pretty sure it was because of my monitor resolution, so I changed it and nothing happens. Still the same. Then I remembered there is a way to resize installation wizard screens but couldn't remember how.

BTW, I just emailed Tenda about this and let's see what they will say. Anyway, I'm gonna try what you said earlier tomorrow. Will keep you posted Emerald. If you can suggest anything else, please post it just in case there is no positive outcome.

tomsresults_38

Distinguished
May 17, 2011

go to display option and desactivate the fonction to have your displayed font 125% bigger and set it to 100%.

Work like a charm then...