Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard for AMD 3.6 GHz AM3 FX4100 Processor

Last response: in Motherboards
October 25, 2012 5:59:43 AM

Please share some good motherboard for this Processor & share some experience about the processor performance as I need to build several Virtual workstations on it.
a b V Motherboard
a b À AMD
October 25, 2012 6:16:53 AM

I can't comment on that exact CPU but I do have built two rigs with the FX a FX-8120 and a FX-8150. For me they both have been very good CPU's. I use both of mine for gaming and must say despite all of the bad reviews I have found them to be very capable gaming rigs. I am running the FX-8120 in a MSI 890FXA-GD70 and even though it is a older board and was not originally for the FX CPU's after a bios update it has been really good. The FX-8150 is running in a Asus Crosshair V Formula AM3+. Both board are fairly high end boards running around $200.

I really have never run low end board so I can't say how well they work. Most will tell you not to get the FX and go intel and I say they have never used a FX and really do not have any first had experience with them and really have no idea about how well they really work.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2012 8:11:11 AM

bryonhowley said:
I can't comment on that exact CPU but I do have built two rigs with the FX a FX-8120 and a FX-8150. For me they both have been very good CPU's. I use both of mine for gaming and must say despite all of the bad reviews I have found them to be very capable gaming rigs. I am running the FX-8120 in a MSI 890FXA-GD70 and even though it is a older board and was not originally for the FX CPU's after a bios update it has been really good. The FX-8150 is running in a Asus Crosshair V Formula AM3+. Both board are fairly high end boards running around $200.

I really have never run low end board so I can't say how well they work. Most will tell you not to get the FX and go intel and I say they have never used a FX and really do not have any first had experience with them and really have no idea about how well they really work.

you check your game FPS with others? i think not. No one says FX is bad for gaming but gives low fps when there is high end gpu installed, like 7970. Intel giver more fps than AMD with high end gpu. But mid range gpu is fine with AMD.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2012 8:14:54 AM

pritam81 said:
Please share some good motherboard for this Processor & share some experience about the processor performance as I need to build several Virtual workstations on it.

If you dont want to use high end gpu for gaming, then fx-4100 is fine. You can have 970 chip mobo. This gigabyte will be good:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources
!