Sign in with
Your question

BSOD'S (Possible Memory Issue Unsure)

Last response: in Memory
October 25, 2012 6:15:47 AM

Hi All,

Over the past couple months I have been having BSOD problems. I have looked into it myself, but it has come to the point where I am just annoyed at the whole situation and have no idea why this keeps occuring. I thought for sure it was bad ram or a bad slot, but I have done a memtest on my memory with 9 passes and there were no errors. I analyzed the dump files using windows debug and I am getting probably caused by errors of: Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+6061 ), Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c ), and one for my symantec anti virus. I have no idea what is actually causing the blue screen issues. They do not occur frequently at all which is why I have tolerated it. It maybe happens once a month if that and randomly. I can provide the minidump files if anyone wants to take a look for themselves. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone for reading this post! I just want this problem to be fixed!!!!

October 25, 2012 7:21:41 AM

mvweez1 said:
Hi All,

Over the past couple months I have been having BSOD problems. I have looked into it myself, but it has come to the point where I am just annoyed at the whole situation and have no idea why this keeps occuring. I thought for sure it was bad ram or a bad slot, but I have done a memtest on my memory with 9 passes and there were no errors. I analyzed the dump files using windows debug and I am getting probably caused by errors of: Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+6061 ), Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c ), and one for my symantec anti virus. I have no idea what is actually causing the blue screen issues. They do not occur frequently at all which is why I have tolerated it. It maybe happens once a month if that and randomly. I can provide the minidump files if anyone wants to take a look for themselves. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone for reading this post! I just want this problem to be fixed!!!!

What is the exact message of the blue screen? Is it a Memory Managment Blue screen? Does it says something like Windows has caused a page fault in the paged non paged pool area or something like that? Try running the windows memory diagnostic tool see what that tells you. Sometimes the connections at the bottom of the memory sticks themselves need to be cleaned with an eraser. Just rub them with an eraser and then wipe clean with a dry rag or paper towel. I almost put paper bowel in here by mistake lol

Thanks
m
l
a b } Memory
October 25, 2012 8:20:57 AM

I think you check with memtest. Did you install any driver before BSOD occur? Or any change you made?
m
l
October 26, 2012 3:59:54 PM

A buffer overrun or use after free bug in a driver.

Always assume software (driver) bug first when you get a BSOD. It's very easy to corrupt memory with bad code, e.g. allocate 20 bytes and write 40 bytes ( = buffer overrun). If it happens to overwrite a pointer with an invalid value, dereferencing the pointer will cause a crash.
m
l
!