@x Heavy, my computer tried to detect and install new hardware but it failed. It said something about AMD failed to install the drivers.
@Tobensg, after I put the W2 back on my PC, when it was at the end of the patch I got an io error. I should of screencapped it but it said something about 4096 mbs or something. So I've gotten 2 IO errors from the witcher 2 patch.
I'll recap what I did.
1. The Witcher 2 stopped working and wouldn't load at the main menu and would crash to my desktop.
2. I uninstalled my drivers because I've heard that there's been problems with the drivers for W2.
3. After I installed the patch, I got 2 IO errors. One is in my first post and the other said something about 4096 mbs.
4. I restarted my PC and right when the PC was starting, it was going through all of my orphan files. It said something about a bad F Sector and NTFS...idk what that is?
5. I installed new drivers and the display drivers failed. I did this about 5 times and every time it failed.
6. After I installed Driver Sweeper and tried to clean up my old AMD drivers that were still on my PC. I thought it took off all of them but it didn't.
7. I went into safe mode to use Driver Sweeper and all of my drivers were still there. I tried to sweep them, all of the drivers except for 2 were taken off. I can only remember the driver that was called something like "AMD6xxsomething"
8. I did Heavy's CHKDSK thing in CMD and it said I had like 200 errors and it said something about a bad F sector.
9. After I read that this could be a registry problem so then I went into "Regedit" and deleted my ATI folder.
10. I was able to install my drivers after I deleted the Registry but I couldn't fix my resolution. I can only put it to 1400 x 1000.
11. I tried to restore my PC but it failed and said that it couldn't restore the W2 download folder.
12. After I booted up my PC again, It tried to detect and install the VGA drivers but that failed.
When I get home from school I'll go into CMD and copy what the CHKDSK says.
Ok your disk is dying. Those Bad Sectors are bad. You now need to consider saving your data (Pictures and what have you...) and seriously go ahead and consider a total system rebuild/reinstall using VIRGIN Factory Hard drives or SSD's
To me a bad sector is a death sentence for a drive.