Since I bought the PC and downloaded many programs the
computer began to start very slowly. I was told that
customizing startup list would help. However, I couldn't
find the list of processes that are crucial for Window's
environment so I can safely uncheck the rest of the
programs that just taking up memory.

hey
there is a list of programs that u can uncheck whatever
you want not to launch in windows startup and here is the
way to do that:
1. go to start\run
2.type: msconfig
3.you will face a window then go to the last tab which
says "startup" and uncheck the uneeded programs.

Alex Starkowski wrote:
> Since I bought the PC and downloaded many programs the
> computer began to start very slowly. I was told that
> customizing startup list would help. However, I couldn't
> find the list of processes that are crucial for Window's
> environment so I can safely uncheck the rest of the
> programs that just taking up memory.

Alex

The processes and services that start depend on how the user works with the
individual system. Some processes and services may not be needed, depending
on what you use the system for.

Take a look at the process that are running on the system by pressing
CTRL+ALT+DEL once to bring up the Task Manager. Clcik the Processes Tab to
view these. This should be done after a fresh reboot.

If you need information on a particular process or service, use the
following resources for information.

Task List Programs:

Services Guide for Windows XP:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

Greatis Startup Application Database:

Windows XP Home and Professional Service Configurations by Black Viper:

You can also go to Start/Run and type msconfig and press OK. Click the
Start Up Tab to view the programs and applications that start when you
reboot. These can be disabled, if not needed by simply removing the check
mark from the programs entry.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP