Sapphire or XFX 6870?

Hi!
Both of these are $179
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150506
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102913

Which one should I get?

The sapphire says it has openGL 3.2, but it must be 4.1, right?
The xfx has 4 eggs, while the sapphire has 5
The sapphire has a 2 year warranty while the xfx has a lifetime warranty.
Does the sapphire has better cooling since the design is different?

The XFX is $149 after rebate
The Sapphire is $159 after rebate
But, I dont really want to count the rebate because there is a chance of me not getting the rebate.
15 answers Last reply
More about sapphire 6870
  1. You also have to figure the shipping on the XFX is free vs. $8 on the sapphire and if you use this Combo product code you get Shogun 3 game for free with the XFX and it also includes a key for a free download of Dirt 3 when you register the product until the end of the month !!

    So I'd go with the XFX !!
  2. Like JDFan said, go with the XFX model. Sapphire is a good company but if you want to overclock the card XFXs warranty allows such things. Its a good thing if your card breaks because of that
  3. Hi, and thanks for reply.
    Im sorry, i didnt mention it because i forgot about it while writing my thread, but I am going to buy the sapphire from amazon IF i get the sapphire:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-100314-2SR/dp/B004E0KV3I

    It comes with dirt 3? I knew about shogun, but it doesnt interest me that much, but dirt 3 would be great. Where does it say I can get dirt 3, because I cant find it
  4. parth95 said:
    Hi, and thanks for reply.
    Im sorry, i didnt mention it because i forgot about it while writing my thread, but I am going to buy the sapphire from amazon IF i get the sapphire:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-100314-2SR/dp/B004E0KV3I

    It comes with dirt 3? I knew about shogun, but it doesnt interest me that much, but dirt 3 would be great. Where does it say I can get dirt 3, because I cant find it



    In the XFX page you linked :

    Quote:
    $149.99 after mail-in rebate

    Free Shipping (restrictions apply)

    Get free DIRT3 game with the purchase of qualified product. See details inside. Expires on 8/31/11


    and if you click for details it leads to this page on XFX's site
  5. Haha, thank you
    I cant believe I didnt see that.
    Looks like im getting the xfx
  6. Good choice. I have been an Avid XFX purchaser since I got my 9800gt form them. With 5 Star Support and an Awesome warranty, and good response on RMA's and customer service..you can't go wrong with an XFX Product.
  7. Thank you. I hope I get the same experience as you got
  8. XFX has limited lifetime warranty while Sapphire has 2 years go with the longer warranty..
  9. yea, the warranty is another reason why I agree with the XFX. But I like the way the sapphire looks, haha i'll get over it...

    thanks
  10. JDFan said:
    You also have to figure the shipping on the XFX is free vs. $8 on the sapphire and if you use this Combo product code you get Shogun 3 game for free with the XFX and it also includes a key for a free download of Dirt 3 when you register the product until the end of the month !!

    So I'd go with the XFX !!



    I just bough the card today. XFX is out of codes for Dirt 3. They just extended the deal, but have no codes. I'm fairly pissed at them currently.
  11. mojoe_24 said:
    I just bough the card today. XFX is out of codes for Dirt 3. They just extended the deal, but have no codes. I'm fairly pissed at them currently.


    I'd call their support hotline and complain until they gave me something to make up for being out of codes or refund my $ (Be polite but firm and let them know the code was a major deciding factor in the purchase and without it you'll buy from another company that still has codes available) !
  12. i would have go for the XFX still :P with dirt 3 or not .. its still a better card.. but may i add that you should take the "dual fan" Edition. keeps the card cooler for just a few $ more !
  13. Set up a Support Ticket with XFX and ended up being told to get the Dirt 3 key manually. Followed their instructions and got it. Guess it all works out.
  14. Wait, so they are out of the Dirt 3 codes?
    How did you get it manually?
    Do you think the same will happen with me?

    I looked at the 2 fan model. But I decided against it because I will have A LOT of airflow with 6 fans in my case, this is my build:
    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=12113169
  15. OMG, just buy the card with the promo code, and enter a support ticket and ask for a code, they will give you one, or maybe to a different game. :) its a GFX card Manufacturer, they have FREE GAMES!!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Sapphire OpenGL Graphics Product